Pregnant Unable To Cruise How easy to get deposit back from P & O?

tinkwings

Hi

We have had a very happy Christmas that can with some unexpected news that we will be expecting :D! This means that I will be more than 22 weeks Pregnant by the tme we are due to cruise on Arcadia in May 2010.

My travel agent is not being helpful & seems to think that P & O will not return our monies already paid.

Can anyone offer me any advice or help Please?

Hi

We have had a very happy Christmas that can with some unexpected news that we will be expecting :D! This means that I will be more than 22 weeks Pregnant by the tme we are due to cruise on Arcadia in May 2010.

My travel agent is not being helpful & seems to think that P & O will not return our monies already paid.

Can anyone offer me any advice or help Please?

According to P&O passenger ticket contract, their limit on pregnancy is 24 Weeks, not 22. Here is the clause - and the link to the contract:

26. P&O Cruises does not have on board its ships adequate medical facilities for childbirth. Accordingly for reasons of health and safety P&O cruises regrets that it cannot carry Passengers who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy or beyond at any point during their Package. All pregnant women are required to produce a doctor’s or midwife’s letter stating that mother and baby are in good health, fit to travel taking into account the proposed itinerary and that the pregnancy is not high-risk. The letter must also include the estimated date of delivery (EDD) calculated from both the last menstrual period (LMP) and ultrasound (if performed). P&O Cruises cannot accept a booking or subsequently carry a Passenger unless they comply with the requirements of this clause.

http://www.pocruises.com/Legal/Booking.axd

According to P&O passenger ticket contract' date=' their limit on pregnancy is 24 Weeks, not 22. Here is the clause - and the link to the contract:

26. P&O Cruises does not have on board its ships adequate medical facilities for childbirth. Accordingly for reasons of health and safety P&O cruises regrets that it cannot carry Passengers who will have entered their 24th week of pregnancy or beyond at any point during their Package. All pregnant women are required to produce a doctor’s or midwife’s letter stating that mother and baby are in good health, fit to travel taking into account the proposed itinerary and that the pregnancy is not high-risk. The letter must also include the estimated date of delivery (EDD) calculated from both the last menstrual period (LMP) and ultrasound (if performed). P&O Cruises cannot accept a booking or subsequently carry a Passenger unless they comply with the requirements of this clause.

Thank You

Should part of your cruise stray into the 24 week period and P&O is not being helpful, check your travel insurance.

Mary

Edited to add: Your travel agent is not paid to 'think' - he/she is paid to find out the facts and communicate them to you.

Congratulations, by the way!

According to P&O passenger ticket contract' date=' their limit on pregnancy is 24 Weeks, not 22. Here is the clause - and the link to the contract:

that link also says

. In the case of a booking by or on behalf of a pregnant Passenger made before it could reasonably have been known that the Passenger would not be able to join the Package by reason of the Passenger entering their 24th week of pregnancy or beyond at any point in their Package, P&O Cruises will refund in full the price paid by or on behalf of that Passenger and the price paid by any accompanying Passenger, provided that the pregnant Passenger notified P&O Cruises as soon as reasonably practicable upon becoming aware that she would not be able to join the Package, but shall otherwise have no liability whatsoever

which I had read before, so went looking for :-)

P&O are, AFAIK, the only cruise line to do this (I asked a similar question on behalf of a friend directly to RCL & they were most unhelpful)

So Tinkwings, you may be ok.

edited to say - the highlighing in the quote is mine not P&Os

Archived