Anyone know of a disability forum with a for sale section?

Arwenmark

I don't want to post here as I am sure that is not allowed. But wish to sell some equipment and would prefer to do so on a forum of others who might need it, I tried craigs list but no response at all there.

Anyone frequent a forum for disabled that has such a section? I know lots of the other forums I belong too, such as for AV or music recording have such sections. Sales between members etc.

Thanks

I don't want to post here as I am sure that is not allowed. But wish to sell some equipment and would prefer to do so on a forum of others who might need it, I tried craigs list but no response at all there.

Anyone frequent a forum for disabled that has such a section? I know lots of the other forums I belong too, such as for AV or music recording have such sections. Sales between members etc.

Thanks

Really don't know of a specific forum. You're probably best to check within your local community. Would think you would prefer to sell locally for pickup. Rather than having to get involved in shipping. If it were me I would check with various organizations in my community to see if they have a for-sale section . In this case I would contact my local office of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society since that's what challenges me . If you are affiliated with a church , I would also check with them .

Good Luck.

Thanks, yes the shipping would be an issue. I could try the MS Society I have not looked them up since I moved to CA. I can always try Craig's list again I guess, just makes me nervous.

Some other organizations to check in your area . Just a thought.

• Easter Seals
  • American Heart Association
  • Local Goverment township offices generally have a "Lending Closet" In this case it would have to be a donation but you could take the fair market value as a tax deduction depending on your situation.
  • Local Veterans Association
  • Assisted Living Centers

There is a "for sale or wanted" forum (Equipment and Services Exchange) at http://www.CareCure.org

There is also http://www.disableddealer.com

Skip's List used to be available, but it appears to have gone off line.

You can also find many listings for mobility equipment, bathroom equipment and even supplies on eBay.

Archived