Ft. Lauderdale & New Year's Eve - 2011

Dennislee2

Hello,

We are planning a cruise for January 1st, 2011. There will be at least 12 of us arriving December 31st, leaving the next day for a cruise.

While we won't be looking for a wild night of partying, I would like to find a hotel in the area and enjoy bringing in the New Year in Florida!

So, if there are any locals that can offer suggestions, I would appreciate the help. Probably looking at 4 rooms with a range in age from 8 to 76.

Some will be flying in and others driving in, so a parking option and shuttle is perfect!!!!!

Thanks again for any advice. :)

Hello,

We are planning a cruise for January 1st, 2011. There will be at least 12 of us arriving December 31st, leaving the next day for a cruise.

While we won't be looking for a wild night of partying, I would like to find a hotel in the area and enjoy bringing in the New Year in Florida!

So, if there are any locals that can offer suggestions, I would appreciate the help. Probably looking at 4 rooms with a range in age from 8 to 76.

Some will be flying in and others driving in, so a parking option and shuttle is perfect!!!!!

Thanks again for any advice. :)

Don't have the parking and shuttle factor into your hotel decision. They are never worth it and most end up taking cabs anyway.

The Doubletree Galleria would be a good fit for your group.

I agree. You won't find much new year's eve fun at a hotel that provides free shuttles and parking. The best bet for those services, though, would be Hyatt Place on 12th Ave; at least you can walk to restaurants. I would suggest Gallery One (Doubletree Galleria) or somewhere by the beach so you can see some fireworks.

I agree. You won't find much new year's eve fun at a hotel that provides free shuttles and parking. The best bet for those services, though, would be Hyatt Place on 12th Ave; at least you can walk to restaurants. I would suggest Gallery One (Doubletree Galleria) or somewhere by the beach so you can see some fireworks.

Awesome...

Any suggestions when you say by the beach? Can you see the fireworks from pretty much anywhere on the waterfront? I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale.

Awesome...

Any suggestions when you say by the beach? Can you see the fireworks from pretty much anywhere on the waterfront? I've never been to Ft. Lauderdale.

I don't know...I always go to Boca for new years...but I understand there are fireworks by the beach...sorry, that's all I know. This year there were big public parties downtown and at Hard Rock.

Archived