Mini Suite Location on Grand Princess

pamjsc

Opinions please on best location for mini suite - Aft or forward, starboard or port, Dolphin or Emerald deck??

Also, are the mini suite balconies covered or uncovered on the Grand?

Any help will be appreciated.

Emerald Deck minis will give you a covered balcony. Dolphin Deck minis have a totally exposed balcony with no cover. As for the actual mini suite itself, the design and dimensions are totally the same, just the location is different. There are two mini suites on Emerald Deck that have a larger balcony, these are E728 (over the stage of the lounge) and E729 (a much quieter location). They are both all the way to the aft on the Port and Starboard sides of the ship.

Emerald Deck minis will give you a covered balcony. Dolphin Deck minis have a totally exposed balcony with no cover. As for the actual mini suite itself, the design and dimensions are totally the same, just the location is different. There are two mini suites on Emerald Deck that have a larger balcony, these are E728 (over the stage of the lounge) and E729 (a much quieter location). They are both all the way to the aft on the Port and Starboard sides of the ship.

To add to what Toto said, the only minisuites that are different are the category AE minisuites on the Dolphin deck. These are cabins D732 and D733. They are the same size as all of the other minisuites but have a different layout. The beds cannot be made into a queen and there are no nightstands next to the beds. The bathroom is a shower only and it is a roll-in shower like you would find in a handicapped stateroom. This can make for a very wet bathroom floor when you shower. These staterooms were designed to be handicapped staterooms but they have the regular size door that is too small for a wheelchair to fit through so they cannot be sold as handicapped cabins. I believe these have a larger balcony like E728 and E729.

As far as forward or aft, midship is best if you are concerned about getting seasick. Forward tends to feel motion more than aft.

Thanks for the replies. This will be our first time in a mini suite. I'm not concerned about seasickness just want to know which location would be the best.

Any cabin numbers I should avoid???

Thanks for the replies. This will be our first time in a mini suite. I'm not concerned about seasickness just want to know which location would be the best.

Any cabin numbers I should avoid???

Look at the deck plans, visualize how you will spend your time aboard ship and determine if you want your cabin to be near the eating venues (aft) or near the pools (mid-ship & forward). These are good size ships and walking to one place or another can get to be important for some people.

I don't know if you are elevator or stairs people. The deck plans show the central staircase as going all the way up to the pool decks. Unless they have made a change to Grand in recent years, this staircase is not available for passenger use on the top deck or two.

Less than desirable cabins are typically found at the extreem bow or stern where hull shape dictates odd cabin configurations. Look to see if your cabin will be directly above or directly below a venue that creates a lot of noise. Cabins have very good sound proofing but some noise does leak up/down if you are right above/below a sound stage.

Enjoy!

Archived