Possible to change from early to late dinner seating for one night?

xmascruise08

We're going on the 7 night Western on Magic in a few weeks and would like to stay in Key West until sunset to attend the Sunset Festival. If we did that, we'd miss our early dinner seating. I've heard not to miss dining room dinners on the first 3 nights. Does anyone know if it is possible to request late seating for just one night?

We're going on the 7 night Western on Magic in a few weeks and would like to stay in Key West until sunset to attend the Sunset Festival. If we did that, we'd miss our early dinner seating. I've heard not to miss dining room dinners on the first 3 nights. Does anyone know if it is possible to request late seating for just one night?

I don't see how this would be possible unless your dining room has empty tables, which you probably won't know until you get on the ship. Then you could ask your head waiter the first night. But I don't know anyone who has done this.

If you're working with a travel agent I'd have them call and find out if there is anything Disney can do to accomodate you.

And I have to agree that you don't want to miss your first 3 nights because you may be in Animator's Palate that night and they have the show only the first time you dine in there. Good luck!

In terms of dining time, you can request either early seating, which means you eat dinner at 6 p.m. or late seating, which means you eat at 8:30, at the time you book your cruise. Early and late seating are only factors in the evening meal; lunch and breakfast are served open-seating style at a restaurant that is listed on your daily activity guide, or you can visit one of the buffets or fast food places any time you choose,.....

If your sailing is not full it is always possible that you could switch dining time for one night but don't plan on it happening.

There is a no-assignment, no reservation restaurant on deck 9 that is open for dinner each night - Topsiders. It is usually buffet but some nights ther have been menus (maybe that was just on the extended cruises, I can't be sure).

If your only real concern is missing the "show" in Animators, you can always see about changing your dining rotation so that you are not in Animators on Key West night. You would need to try that as soon as you board - the handout they give you at check in will tell you where to go to change dining assignments.

Thanks for the advice. I was under the impression there were shows in each dining room for the first 3 nights. If it's only Animator's Palate then I'll request not to have AP on that night. Does Topsiders serve the same food as the dining rooms?

Archived