Penthouse suite on ncl spirit

ddx3

Well Happy Birthday!

Get yourself a special piece of cake from the cafe.

We don't mind paying for the specialty resturants, just didn't feel the need to. The food was good and we didn't have a wait problem.

I guess doing the southern makes it a little more exotic than the closer ports, since you are in Florida. I'm just glad we didn't go last week everything was a mess with the snowstorm. The one blessing is that if the flight is cancelled, we just go home. Two years ago, we had to spend an extra night in Miami, due to bad weather here. Boohoo:)

• 1 year later...

Pediatrix and KlynnG- I am so happy to find someone who has stayed in the Hong Kong Suite 10500 on Spirit. If you or anyone else can answer my questions, I would appreciate it greatly.

- Is it true that there is no door between the bedroom and bathroom?What if my DD wants privacy?

-is the main bed truly a queen? it looks kind of small and we are kind of large(we sleep on a King at home)

-Is the couch a pull-out bed or do they do a roll-away for my 8 yr old daughter?

- Will there be furniture on the balcony? I know it gets windy under sail, but while in port we want to be able to use it!

- Is it a far walk from the elevators to the cabin since it's at the way front of the ship?

Thanks for your help!

Cindy

• 2 months later...
cc member Natalunia has some great photos of 10000 posted here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/148023323sWwmHX

It is supposed to be the same size as the two suites on each side.

Hi

I love your pictures, Paul and I are going on the Spirit for our Honeymoon on Oct. 19th 2006. We have this room, I thought I wasnt going to be as happy with that room because it looked smaller than the other ones. Your pictures changed my mind........I love the decor of the room and I am so excited. You had beautiful pictures, we are going to the exotic caribbean for 10 days.

Thank you again for the amazing pictures.

Dorene

P.S. if there is anything else you can tell me about the room....please do.

We just booked our very first suite and are very excited! We booked 10008 on the Spirit. I've done searches so that I can read everything I can find about the suites.

One picture I saw said it was a picture of the TV cabinet in the bedroom. Is there a TV in the bedroom in addition to the living room?

Any info or tips will be appreciated. I'm really enjoying anticipating this cabin and love reading everything about the suites!

Thanks.

I forget whether or not the balcony was there (or outside the living area) but it does have a lovely big window to overlook the ocean (or outside). See 5th picture down....

This site claims it has access to the balcony - but I don't know for sure.

http://www.maritimematters.com/superstarleo5.html

Great pictures......but that balcony is unbelievably skinny!!!:eek: Could never fit a lounge chair on that...actually I don't think my husband could stand sideways on it. ;)

Hi

I love your pictures, Paul and I are going on the Spirit for our Honeymoon on Oct. 19th 2006. We have this room....

P.S. if there is anything else you can tell me about the room....please do.

I just recently had this room (Philippines Suite 10000) on the Spirit, if there is anything you want to know please feel free to ask. This room does not have a window view from the bathroom, but the front and center view directly under the bridge from the balcony is pretty amazing and makes up for that! The wind on the balcony is much much less than I expected while at sea. Being served breakfast at the table while looking out the picture window coming into a port is priceless!

Hi

Thank you for the reply, I had to laugh, there is a window in the bathroom. Is there other windows?, how large is the balcony? also, is this room smaller than the other rooms in the AB? It is a beautiful room.

Thanks

Dorene

There are 2 huge picture windows that face forward with the door to the balcony being in the middle of them. The table that you can eat at is in front of one of these windows, I have a picture I need to post that can show you. I would say the living space is like at least 2 full cabins put together PLUS the extra space for the bathroom suite, which includes the jacuzzi, 2 sinks, stall shower and separate toilet area (with bidet). And don't forget you also get a second bathroom/sink area just off the front doorway as you walk in. The balcony is narrow but the front wall is sloped - you get two full size wooden reclining deck chairs that are positioned at an angle that work fine - I fell asleep in one during a sea day in the aftenoon! I didn't get to see much of the other ABs but I think the layout is different with each one, but the space is about the same. Plus, with a suite you get a DOORBELL for your guests to ring, and with the butler, concierge, cabin stewards etc, you get alot of traffic sometimes! Feel free to PM, I can send some pictures and give you more tips offline if you want.

Hi

Thank you for all the information, regarding this room. I am very excited as you can see. Did you say you had pictures of this room? I will give you my email address so you can email me pictures or tips would be great. What did you use the butler for and how often. Do you call him/her when you want room services. Did you tip each time and if so, is it cash or do you sign something and add the tip.

Thank You

Dorene

dmorgillo@yahoo.com

We just booked our very first suite and are very excited! We booked 10008 on the Spirit. I've done searches so that I can read everything I can find about the suites.

One picture I saw said it was a picture of the TV cabinet in the bedroom. Is there a TV in the bedroom in addition to the living room?

Any info or tips will be appreciated. I'm really enjoying anticipating this cabin and love reading everything about the suites!

Thanks.

Click my link below to see more pictures of the AC Penthouse on the Spirit. This was one of our all time favorites!

Thanks for the link. Actually I had already found your pictures when I did a search. I even put them in my favorite places and bring them up periodically (ok, almost every day!) and drool over them!

I know the balcony is small in the AC's, but how small was it? Would you say it was the size of a regular balcony cabin's balcony? I'm assuming that it couldn't fit a lounge chair.

Thanks again, the pictures are fabulous!

Hi

I have this room, but looking at it from the dwg. it looks smaller than all the other rooms. Is this true? Can you tell me anything about the room?

This is my honeymoon.

Thanks

Dorene

Hi, Pediatrix! My wife and I are booked combining both the

five day and nine day Caribbean cruises on the Spirit next month. We will be in AB Suite 10000, right in the middle. Did you happen to get a look at that suite while you were on the ship? Does it seem to be as large as the two AB suites on either side? Did you have any wind trouble with the front facing suites while the ship was underway?

Hi

I have this room, but looking at it from the dwg. it looks smaller than all the other rooms. Is this true? Can you tell me anything about the room?

This is my honeymoon.

Thanks

Dorene

It might be a tad smaller, but I wouldn't worry about it. I didn't get to actually go into the other suites so I don't really know if this is the case or not. But, don't worry, you'll have plenty of room! Read my post a few posts up where I give more info about this suite. Also, the balcony faces forward and while at sea it is 100% PRIVATE! :D ;) The suites on either side cannot see onto your balcony or visa-versa.

Hi from CT, good luck with your wedding and honeymoon, hope you enjoy your cruise. I will be on the Spirit Nov, 19, so I will be looking forward to hear what you think. This is my first time cruising with NCL and freestyle, so keep me posted, if you have time, thanks, Cathi

cc member Natalunia has some great photos of 10000 posted here:

It is supposed to be the same size as the two suites on each side.

Hi

I want to thank you for all your knowledge it is very helpful. I was told that the AB penhouses have two balconies, is this correct? or is it the two end ones. Just curious, and you have the best pictures of the room 10000. Thank you again.........Im not sure what excites me more........the cruise....LOL......or getting married.......the day before.......LOL.....Im excited about everything.

Warm Regards

Dorene

Hi from CT, good luck with your wedding and honeymoon, hope you enjoy your cruise. I will be on the Spirit Nov, 19, so I will be looking forward to hear what you think. This is my first time cruising with NCL and freestyle, so keep me posted, if you have time, thanks, Cathi

Cathi

I really enjoy the NCL. Paul and I were on the Dawn a few years ago and this ship was one of my favorites. I have been on over 30 plus cruises. and I am excited about the Spirit. There is going to be a get together on Friday @ 11:00 am on the 7th floor Henry's Pub. I have been on many cruises but new to the Cruise Critic forum. You will enjoy the non-rush to get to dinner, and the people on NCL are really helpful..........I hope we meet up. I

Warm Regards,

Dorene

May I ask a silly question? (I'm new here!) :o

I think all these differently named/themed suites are great (i.e. Gemini, Shanghai), but how do you know what you are booking? The NCL website only states the category (i.e. AC) and shows a generic picture. How do I know what I'm getting when I book a suite?

Thanks for the clarification!

May I ask a silly question? (I'm new here!) :o

I think all these differently named/themed suites are great (i.e. Gemini, Shanghai), but how do you know what you are booking? The NCL website only states the category (i.e. AC) and shows a generic picture. How do I know what I'm getting when I book a suite?

Thanks for the clarification!

The name is not provided on the website and if you call directly to NCL I doubt anyone will be able to tell you the name. The NCL site is good at telling you what amenities are in the penthouse. The best place for the names or actual pictures is here on Cruise Critic. Also, don't think of themed suites, they're really just named. If you find a picture of your level of suite but it is not the exact stateroom number, you can expect yours to be very, very similar. Here's an example, on The Star the AE suites on the back of the ship are the same in layout and size. However, they were slightly different with regards to pictures on the walls, or bedspreads, little stuff like that. But then, the AE suites don't have names at all, but the AB's do.

Wazzo,

I can offer some help, albeit incomplete. Here are some of the names:

AD Deck 9 :

9212 Gemini Suite

AC Deck 10

10512 Pisces

10522 Sagittarius

10018 Virgo

10022 Aries

AB Deck 10

10502 Singapore Suite

10500 Hong Kong Suite

10000 Philippines Suite

10001 Thai Suite

10002 Malaysian Suite

AA Deck 9

9208 Shanghai Suite

I noticed that the suites had some sort of decor or artwork that tied in with the name. I especially loved the beautiful Thai wood carving statues. I consider these to be the most unique suites of any ship I have seen, with one suite being completely different than the one next door in appearance! Maybe you can see some of the differences in the pictures.

It has been awhile since I collected these links to pictures and the associated information, but here goes:

The two on the sides 10502 Singapore and 10002 Malaysian have the forward-facing balcony and also a small one on the side.

Pictures of 10502 Singapore Suite can be found here (posted by tempdragon)

http://community.webshots.com/album/224277030qaTdwk

Pictures of 10500 Hong Kong Suite can be found here (fritz)

http://homepage.mac.com/tfitz77/PhotoAlbum5.html

Pictures of 10000 Philippines Suite (natalunia)

To compare these AB's to the AC's, here is an example of an AC #10522 Sagittarius Suite (jeffnjenette)

http://www.jeffandjenette.com/site/index.php?spgmGal=NCL_Spirit_-_Penthouse_10522&option=com_mambospgm&Itemid=26