Tour of Grenada

llarosa

Is it possible to get a tour from a local driver upon exiting the ship/tender? What should I expect to pay for 2 - 4 hours and what would be worth seeing post hurricane? We don't go till late March...

Thanks!

Without hesitation, book a tour with Mandoo. Here's his website: http://grenadatours.com/Mandoo gives a really really great trip, we did a full day (900 - 430 or so) for $40 USD each. 2 hours is certainly not enough time to tour the beautiful island.

We found Mandoo on these boards, booked based on very positive feedback here, and were not disappointed.

Good luck and great cruising,

Pete

Yup, good advice. If you want to hire a taxi to take you around, you might as well pay a little bit more and do a full-blown tour.

I second the Mandoo recommendation!

However, you can hire a taxi upon exiting the ship. I think I've heard the figure $20/pp thrown around but I'm not sure.

Would agree with the Mandoo recommendation. We did a tour on january 7th with Mandoo [2 persons] $40 per person and tour lasted approx. 4 hours. He takes great pride in his work, is very knowledgeable and will take you to places of interest.

I will be in Granada aboard the Lirica in March. A couple of questions. Are there scooter or motorcycle rentals there? What about horseback riding or kayaking? I appreciate any and all information.

Bob

When you say you had a private tour with Mandoo for $40 each...was it just two people? For $80 can two people rent his services? When I emailed him he said it was $40 pp/ or $160 private tour.

How many people were on your tour?

Thanks,

Meta

I will be in Granada aboard the Lirica in March. A couple of questions. Are there scooter or motorcycle rentals there?

Not in the immediate vicinity of the cruise port. Such things are generally closer to the hotel belt and about 10-15 mins drive away.

You probably wouldn't be too thrilled with the motorists here anyway :eek:

What about horseback riding or kayaking? I appreciate any and all information.

Bob

I have no experience with kayaking nor have I really heard very much about it. THe only thing I can do is to provide this link that I found - http://spicekayaking.com/

Might be out of luck with the horseback riding. However, my g/f does so in Antigua pretty regularly, so if that's a stop for you, you might want to look into it there. Or perhaps on another island...

We decided to take your recommendation and go with Mandoo. I'll let you know how it goes! (We'll be there in late March.)

I think you'll enjoy the tour with Mandoo, also! We just toured with him on Jan. 23rd. The island is lush and beautiful! We went to the Dougaldson Spice Estate, very old, but still in operation! We saw waterfalls, lots of damaged roofs from the hurricanes, but still the beauty! We also went to Grand Etang lake, and happened to see and feed monkeys there! Too fun! We also went to the beach after, but just for an hour, as time was running out. A great bargain at $40 pp! There were 10 of us.

I posted a ship review, with tour info, on the RCI board. Here's the link, if interested!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=131020

Archived