Looking for info on Carnival Liberty

Looking for any good information on the Carnival Liberty ... tips tricks' date=' etc... I have sailed RC twice (mariner and navigator) and found lots of good tips and tricks from past cruisers ... can anyone offer any suggestions.[/quote']

I think you should be a little more specific about what you would like to know. There are plenty of folks out there who can answer your questions, but you have to make the first move. "rolleyes:

sorry ... really anything ... where is the best place to be for sail off' date=' my time dining, maybe I will have to make smaller individual posts... thanks for your reply[/quote']

sail off-- lido deck with drink in hand. Good way to get the party started.

my time dining-- I tried once on RC. I didn't care for it because you sometimes end up with different waiters. I like the personalized service I get from having same waiter who know what I like. I also find that "my time dining" doesn't line up very well with the after dinner shows.

sorry ... really anything ... where is the best place to be for sail off' date=' my time dining, maybe I will have to make smaller individual posts... thanks for your reply[/quote']

We were on the Liberty a couple of years ago and it was awesome. Couple of suggestions:

make sure to go to Harry's (the restaurant) you pay $30.00 a head extra but it is worth every penny - do not recommend this if you have young kids, it is about 2 hour dining experience and make sure to order trio chocolate dessert - it is to die for. Make sure to go through secret door at least once provides an awesome view and very quiet (very front of the ship - unmarked door with a port hole.- we went on the 7th deck) Try the fish and chip place, you access it through the Lido deck restaurant mid ship. We always take part in the wine tasting session $10.00 held in Harry's (will be listed in the Capers as to when it is) you try about 6 different wines and they pair it foods which is unreal how it changes the taste of the wine. The 24 hour pizza is great - we always get - mushroom, purple onion, feta cheese, blaack olives like a greek salad on pizza crust. Goodness, I could on and on but I think this is a good start. Don't make yourself crazy trying to be by the pool - I found the nicest place was 11th deck near the rear of the ship nice chairs to watch the world go by and peaceful.

sail off-- lido deck with drink in hand. Good way to get the party started.

my time dining-- I tried once on RC. I didn't care for it because you sometimes end up with different waiters. I like the personalized service I get from having same waiter who know what I like. I also find that "my time dining" doesn't line up very well with the after dinner shows.

My Time Dining works very well on the Liberty. Most of the tables are set up for 2 or 4 but they will put tables together to accomodate larger parties of 4 or more. In Oct. we were able to request the same wait staff for all 7 days and had excellent service. The Assist. Maitre'd and the hostesses in My Time Dining are very accomodating. If you go to My Time Dining at the same times as the assigned dining times, why would they not line up with the after dinner shows? If it works for traditional dining, why not My Time? :confused: You can actually pace your dinner time/length more to your own pace. Some evenings we were finished with our dinner in an hour and some nights, we were there for an hour and half.

I will be on her in 12 days....... I think this is a very little talked about ship. I hope that just means it's a great ship and no ones complaints about it.

I understand that it gets great ratings and feedback. It is a beautiful ship. We had great service and a great crew when we were on the Liberty in October. Hope Butch is your CD when you cruise. He is a very personable and genuine young man who really enjoys his job and shows it. Very active and visible.

Enjoy your cruise!

Looking for any good information on the Carnival Liberty ... tips tricks' date=' etc... I have sailed RC twice (mariner and navigator) and found lots of good tips and tricks from past cruisers ... can anyone offer any suggestions.[/quote']

Perhaps if you had a specific question, we could give a more concise answer. You don't need to make separate postings...maybe just list some questions you may have about the Liberty.

Here is a thread that might hepl you. It is all about the Liberty......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=561227&highlight=liberty

I cruised on this ship two years ago and loved it.....Hope this helps.....;)

I Thought you did not have to pay for food on the ship. Why $30.00 per head??

Almost all of the food is included...Harry's is the supper club, it is optional and supposedly a very fine dining experience. Personally I cannot see paying $60 for two for dinner when the food in the MDR has always been great. That and I do not want to spend hours eating dinner, there is too much else I want to do with my time. JMHO.

I was on the Liberty for New Years and I had a great time. Butch is an amazing CD. I felt a little gipped at the past guest reception though, not a complaint, just different from what I had been used to. I haven't sailed Carnival in a few years, and I remember before, they used to serve much more varieties of food, and it was actually really tasty. The canapes they served now just weren't very good, IMO. I also don't like the way they had the Captain's reception, we actually ended up missing the Captain because he was just paraded down the promenade and we missed him. But it didn't break my cruise, just things I personally didn't care for.

If you play Bingo, you should be aware that most of the bigger prizes come from evening time, and if you have late seating dinner, you might miss out on it. During the day, the prizes were around $100-$150, but the cards cost the same amount. If Butch is your CD, be sure to go to his Disco Dance Class, it's a lot of fun. The hip hop group also gave a dance class a couple times, but the first time, I was feeling the ocean a little too much, and since I already had a broken wrist, I didn't think it was wise to be attempting hip hop.

Almost all of the food is included...Harry's is the supper club, it is optional and supposedly a very fine dining experience. Personally I cannot see paying $60 for two for dinner when the food in the MDR has always been great. That and I do not want to spend hours eating dinner, there is too much else I want to do with my time. JMHO.

I at one time thought the exact same thing until I tried it once. I have absolutely no compaints whatsoever about dining room food, service etc but this is an experience I more than gladly pay for. I cruise once maybe every two years (can't afford the airfare more often than that) so I make time one evening - it only amounts for maybe 1/2 hour or so more than the dining room. We always, even at home, make meal time a very relaxing and long experience - this is one meal we never rush. When I book a cruise this is automatically figured into our budget. You will have to pay for other things as well, such as specialty coffees and desserts.

Please please let me in on the secret!

It is at the very front of the ship - we were on the 7th deck. Walk all the way to the front - there is a small corridor running from left to right joining up the main halls, turn the other way towards the side of the ship and you will see a door with a port hole (sometimes there is writing sometimes not) go through this door and you come out on to a very private deck - no deck chairs etc just a chest seat. The railing is high but you get an awesome view. The windows that you will see are cabins so don't look in them.

I agree ... paid for a dining exerience on RC ... quaint good service but why pay for something you get for free... for 1 person ok ... but a family of 4 $120 ... why add the expense

I will be on her in 12 days....... I think this is a very little talked about ship. I hope that just means it's a great ship and no ones complaints about it.

I would love to hear how your experience was and what itinerary or whatever else you'd like to share with all of us Liberty newbies... please come back and post after your cruise ... and above all bon voyage and have a great time

If you like Asian food, the Mongolian Bar is absolutely delicious. If you feel in the mood for it, i'd suggest hitting it up a bit early as it gets WAY congested around lunch time.

They have 4 woks going, with each wok taking about 6-8 minutes to prepare. 20 people in front of you can add up quickly.

Also,

Don't forget to try to the Fish and Chips. It's a bit isolated.

no menu pics, but i do have some photos of the food we had...

Gazpacho

22572_214012239141_614129141_3188223_4109531_n.jpg

Indian Veggie Meal

22572_214012244141_614129141_3188224_4224967_n.jpg

Asparagus Soup

22572_214012334141_614129141_3188236_8113904_n.jpg

A Sesame steak app

22572_214012394141_614129141_3188242_7383630_n.jpg

Sea Bass, maybe

22572_214012399141_614129141_3188243_5034112_n.jpg

The Best Stuffed shrooms i've ever had

22572_214012449141_614129141_3188249_1906595_n.jpg