Airfares for Thanksgiving Week

MaryLS

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on affordable airfare for Thanksgiving Week from Philadelphia to Ft. Lauderdale. I've been checking the internet and the prices that are posted are ridiculous. There are 19 of us cruising on the Star Princess that week. When should I shop? Obviously, now is not the time. Help!

I did a search on the cruise-addict board under flights and came up with 166pp, rt, on November 16th to the 26th. I assume Thanksgiving on the 24th? I have booked thru that site twice. They (travelnow) charges 10.00pp fee. Check it out. :)

166pp, rt, on November 16th to the 26th.:)

Too bad the Star Princess doesn't get back until the 27th.

Though they're not booking for November, yet, Southwest will probably have fares around $231 r/t (that's what it is May 22 and 29, for non-stop flights) when they do come out. And I doubt you'll have to worry if Southwest will still be flying in November, as you might that other major carrier in PHL (US Air).

sorry to be a pest...I did that and the cheapest fare is $236 and the return flight time is terrible...what am i doing wrong??? I'm looking for a morning flight on Nov. 20 and an afternoon flight on Nov. 27 (as few connections as possible as we have handicapped passengers). Help!

Air Tran has some direct flights to Ft. Lauderdale, but they are not available yet. (They also have connecting flight through Atlanta) Currently you can only book up until very early Sept. You can only book about around 9 months out.

Checking w/ITA web site http://www.itasoftware.com/ OP is correct. The only decent flight schedules are with US Airways (assuming they're still in business in November) at $336 adult coach fare.

The other nonstops are much cheaper (from $156), but the return flight schedules suck big time.

MaryLS, have you asked a TA for help. They have access to Saber and other flight schedules that may show something affordable. Because it's Thanksgiving week, it's unlikely the prices will improve later on.

Archived