Kid's sail pass charging privledges

I thought I read that you can place limits on the kids sail pass accounts, i.e $50.00 for the cruise, etc. Can someone tell me how to do that? Do I do it online before I sail, or do I have to go to the CS desk once I am on board? I have told my kids that they have a set amount for the cruise for "their" expenses-arcade, pets at sea, candy shop, etc. I would like them to use their card for those costs so that if I am not there they can still charge it, but I don't want them to have access to our entire account.

I thought I read that you can place limits on the kids sail pass accounts, i.e $50.00 for the cruise, etc. Can someone tell me how to do that? Do I do it online before I sail, or do I have to go to the CS desk once I am on board? I have told my kids that they have a set amount for the cruise for "their" expenses-arcade, pets at sea, candy shop, etc. I would like them to use their card for those costs so that if I am not there they can still charge it, but I don't want them to have access to our entire account.

You are not able to set limits on the cards whereby charging priviledges will stop once limit is reached. Either you allow or do not allow. We had this same concern when we cruised Freedom a couple of months ago. We set a limit for our kids and were very happy to see they respected it. You can view your accounts on your stateroom TV at any time. I had a look once a day just to keep an eye on things. It is good to look at the TV with them the first day so they know you can very easily check up on them. If ever they go over, give them a warning and then you simply go to the guest relations desk and remove the charge option.

Have fun - your kids will most likely surprise you!

You just make there accounts cash based .That can be done with your credit card.This is done onboard.I post on this all the time it is dangerous to let children have access to you CC. Mommy would love that watch for her birthday next week. Heres my sea pass . Chi Ching

My brother did this for my nephews - went to the CS desk after boarding and put cash on each of their cards, and if they went over that their card would be declined. I think you have to still set up a credit card on the online check-in, then change it when you get there.

Be aware that if you purchase a ship excursion or a soda mug FOR THE CHILD, these'll show up on the kids' accounts. I'm just saying that because those tend to be large charges, and IF you didn't expect them to be there, you could be surprised.

We also did this on the LoS last summer- the kids had a weekly limit which was added via our cc account, and were told that they would not be able to use their cards once that limit had been reached! Surprisingly they spent less than half of their limits during the week! We did not need to use cash to do this, Guest Services sorted it all out on sailaway day.

Hope you get to do the same!

Alison.

Archived