If you could only tour St Thomas or Curacau

trbutler

If you could only take a tour of one island during your cruise and the islands you were visiting were St Thomas & Curacau which one would you take a tour of the island? I am probably going to wing it and get a tour from a local right off the ship. There will be 4 of us, My MIL, her friend, DH and myself.

Thanks

I would take inexpensive excursions on both. You could take the Godfrey tour in St. Thomas. Cost is $20 pp. Basically, it's 2-3 hours shopping (optional), a two hour tour, and two hours at one of three beaches. In Curacao, I would go with the snorkeling tour booked through RCCL. Cost is $34 pp.

I agree to try and do something inexpensive in both.

But, if you plan to curise again, you might very likely be in St. Thomas, where that might not be the case for Curacao.

You can have fun in St. Thomas just past the pier area and shopping and the tram.

Depends where you dock in Curacao. If in the downtown area, it is nice and the trolley is not that expensive.

I think it depends on just what kind of tours you are looking at and how long you will be there. I have been to St. Thomas many times and spent a week in Curacao.

I am off on a cruise tomorrow morning, but I will check back when I come home to see if you have any additional questions.

In both ports we have just gotten off of the ship and gotten a tour through one of the guides that are waiting for the cruise ships at the dock. Both ports were interesting in their own way. Curacao is a very dry island and it was interesting to see the cacti growing everywhere. They have a very colorful downtown area and interesting history. St. Thomas is very hilly and green, but not w/ palm trees, as I had envisioned. Pretty island.

As stated by Mary KayK, if you cruise again, you might go back to St. Thomas before Curacao, so I would say to take the Curacao excursion.

Have a great cruise with your family.

Michelle

It has been a long time since I have been to Curacao, but I have been to St Thomas many times. My wife and I love St Thomas. Most times we just walk around, althongh most recently we took another excursion around St Thomas. There is lots of shopping at Havensight in St Thomas as well as on the waterfront downtown and toward the center of town. In Aruba we took a tour to the center (a pile of rocks) and to the north (where the sharks eat the garbage!) (and a few other attractions)! We prefer

St Thomas whether you want to shop, take a tour, or walk around on your own. We always go looking for Bernie (watch Weekend at Bernies II) before going to St Thomas!

I have done both and they are both equally beautiful. Curacao is further away so chances of you getting there again may not be as good as seeing St, Thomas again.

I just rcently returned from St. Thomas and had a great time. We took a fantastic tour by a guy named Henry. It's Henry's Taxi Service. It took about 2 hours and he even dropped us off for some shopping and picked us up about 2 hours later (altogether about 4 hours) for only 20.00. He really is good telling you about the politics of the island, the fawna and even takes you to the highest point on the island. the views are incredible!!1 You can see Megans bay from there too.

Archived