Sun Princess VISA REQUIREMENTS for SE ASIA cruises

Does anyone know the cost of the visas required for the SE ASIA cruises that will visit Vietnam & Cambodia ??? I beleive these are arranged by Princess once we get onboard & the amount is added to your account ....do we need to take passport sized photos with us ???

I have contacted Princess x 2 via email & have no response !!!

I have a British Passport hubbie has an Australian passport .

Dont worry the ship will take care of it for you...we were told to take some passport sized photos for Cambodia always a good bet to have some tucked into your passport.

If you are going to Siahnoukville..take a hint...stay on board! I was so sick I thought I was going to die and it wasn't from the food or water.

Dont worry the ship will take care of it for you...we were told to take some passport sized photos for Cambodia always a good bet to have some tucked into your passport.

If you are going to Siahnoukville..take a hint...stay on board! I was so sick I thought I was going to die and it wasn't from the food or water.

Thank you ..was Siahnoukville just dirty or what ..???? i take it not much to do a tour there ??? i am led to beleive it is a beach area / fishing place ?? If we did'nt get off would we then still have to pay for the visa ??

Thank you ..was Siahnoukville just dirty or what ..???? i take it not much to do a tour there ??? i am led to beleive it is a beach area / fishing place ?? If we did'nt get off would we then still have to pay for the visa ??

I lived in Papua New Guinea 40 years ago and it makes this part of Cambodia look good! The "beach"there is a beach you will be harrassed to death by vendors wanting the most inflated prices for junk...I am sorry if I dont sound sympathic...this country has been destroyed but I was totally turned off by toddlers who could barely talk at all but could say "give me money". The children were absolutely filthy and I think holding their hands is why I became ill. I was very concerned that young children were encouraged to approach western adults for money given the dubious reputation for child exploitation in Asia, I thought this was a dangerous thing for the children to do. I was told by a local "dont worry all the pedophiles are down at the beach".I love Asia and have travelled extensively but for me this part of Cambodia is a no go. I understand this does not help them recover and it is a dilemma.:(

Sorry I did not answer you about the cost of the visas I will have to look it up. Incidentally you need a visa irrespective of whether you go ashore or not.

One good thing was the Don Bosco school which is providing training for young people in hospitality..they are doing excellent work.

• 2 years later...

Hi

Do we need a visa for Bali (benoa) & Singapore?

Thanks

Kerry :)

• 2 weeks later...

We just did SE Asia on Celebrity Millenium. We didn't go to Cambodia, but we did go to 3 ports Vietnam (Halong Bay, Danang and Ho Chi Minh City).

Passengers doing day tours (ship or independant) and NOT staying ashore overnight were included in a blanket Visa issued to the Ship. This VISA cost US$35 per person, and was charged to our onboard account, no photo required. Passengers planning to stay off the ship overnight (either on a Ship arranged shore tour, or individually) needed to apply of an overnight Visa (this could also be done on the ship), for which they needed to provide a passport photo. I can't find the piece of paper which says how much this one cost. We only did day tours so were covered by the blanket Visa.

Presumably the same process will apply to other ships, it seemed to be a standard process for Cruise Ships.

Archived