Question about NCL Dawn

JohnSC

As a result of a bad experience on the STAR, it has been eight years since we last cruised with NCL. We are considering a return to NCL on the Norwegian Dawn but have read mixed reviews and would like to hear from someone who has recently been on this vessel. How does it compare to Princess or HAL? What is the physical condition of the ship. I am aware of the recent power outage, which has been fixed, but have also read about flaking paint and water leaks. Another area where reviews were mixed concerned the quality of the food and the level of service. Your comments and observations will be greatly appreciated.

We've been on the Dawn 4 times (with a 5th booked for this June). I think she's in great shape! We see crew members constantly cleaning, polishing, painting, etc. We've never had a bad meal either. Some meals were better than others. But, we have enjoyed every morsel. And, we have never received anything but stellar service.

I've never sailed on HAL. But, I've sailed Princess. I like NCL better because we have received better service and get more for the money. Don't get me wrong, I liked Princess. And, we are not opposed to sailing other lines. But, we always look to NCL first when planning a cruise.

We sailed the Dawn this past August and really have no complaints. The only line other than NCL we have tried was Royal. The Dawn seemed to be in great shape. Everything in our cabin was fine, including the really comfortable beds and the nice size bathroom. I don't recall any flaking paint or water leaks. She seems to be looking just fine to us!;)

Of the ncl ships we have been on twice....both out of NYC to Bermuda on the Dawn.;)

My dh and I are booked again in June for our 5th cruise to Bermuda and our 3rd time on the Dawn. Food is good to great.....Crew is amazing...Loved our balcony cabin. The entertainment is also top notch. As you can see.....we love Bermuda. We have been also on Celebrity Zenith..loved it and Azamara Journey...loved it. Both to Bermuda. I guess we just like cruising to Bermuda.:D

Did Bermuda on the Dawn in May 2006. Did the repo from NYC to Miami on the Dawn in November. There were over 250 CC on board for the M&G. I think that is a ringing endorsement to whether or not --you should enjoy your cruise on the Dawn. Give her a try, the crew is continually voted the best of NCL's crews. She's well worth a try. Barb:D

Just off the Dawn yesterday. There were buckets in the halls. Not sure what that was all about, but not enough to make a big difference. Don't miss Jose and Patti in Dazzles. Also Dave Heenan, the comedian is very funny. If you're into magic acts, the magician was pretty good too.

We were also on the Dawn repo in November. We were on deck 11 and there were buckets in the hall almost the whole cruise. On several days there were crews up in the ceiling working on the plumbing. On one port day they had shut the water off to some cabins, but it was turned back on about a half hour after we got back aboard; not that big a deal. Other than being careful not to kick the bucket :eek: it really didn't affect us very much. We found the food very good, and the service was excellent as always. We wouldn't hesitate to book another cruise on her.

As a result of a bad experience on the STAR, it has been eight years since we last cruised with NCL. We are considering a return to NCL on the Norwegian Dawn but have read mixed reviews and would like to hear from someone who has recently been on this vessel. How does it compare to Princess or HAL? What is the physical condition of the ship. I am aware of the recent power outage, which has been fixed, but have also read about flaking paint and water leaks. Another area where reviews were mixed concerned the quality of the food and the level of service. Your comments and observations will be greatly appreciated.

Read my review either on the main review board, or the one that almost 13000 people have read...."The Suite Life of the Dawn Queen".

It's a fabullous and wonderful ship, and it's the Grande Dame of New York City. If its good enough for discerning New Yorkers as their Number One, then its good enough for me!

We are booked again for March 26, the new 9 day. We had a thousand choices to make, but came back to the Dawn because of the cleanliness, the staff, the entertainment (especially Bollywood Show) and the Ports of Call. Amazing.....Amazing.....Amazing!

Archived