Alaska Sept. 10 -17 Cruise Seattle to Van.

We live in Abbotsford, and there will be 7 of us and of course luggage and we are trying to figure out the best way to get to Seattle for the cruise on a Friday and then back to home again from Vancouver. We are hoping that there will be more people with this same problem and that a charter bus will be setup from the cruise park in Vancouver, so we can drive down and park then our car will be there for the drive home.

I would love to hear from anybody else doing this cruise from the lower mainland and what they are doing. Thanks.

Besides from a possible charter, there´s a regular bus running between Seattle and Vancouver.

I hope it´s ok to post the link here

http://www.quickcoach.com

Then there´s also Amtrak running trains and busses between Vancouver and Seattle and last but not least you can rent a car, which can be a good deal as well. For me last year it was the best deal of all.

What is the cost of rental from Seattle to Vancouver. Did you keep the car for the week or did you turn it in and then rent it again to return? How far is it from Seattle to Vancouver?

In my case it was a one way rental from Vancouver to Seattle. My cruise was out of Vancouver R/T, but I visited with friends in Seattle post cruise so flew into Vancouver and returned from Seattle. I checked with quickcoach, AVIS and Hertz. Not all car rentals allow one way rentals between Vancouver and Seattle, as it´s border crossing. The price for the rental was about the same, like the coach for two persons. The slight price difference to me was made up by the convenience of having the car for a half day in Vancouver already (I rented for 24 hours and stayed one night post cruise in Vancouver). IIRC the drive is about 4 hours. Always depending on the delays at the border.

Archived