The most private beach ?

tonppa

Hi!

We are very independent travellers. We would like to find a very beautiful and privat beach in Cayman island. Maybe even romantic ;) ? We don't need services there. We just tell our driver to go there ...and just relax the rest of the day there...sunbathing and maybe snorkelling. What would be ideal beach for this? :)

Is there any chance to combine the stingray city with a nice beach-day?

There are quiet stretches of beach where you are unlikely to have others pass your way. These are mostly in the eastern districts.

The down side is that there are no services at most of those places. No bathrooms, chairs, food, or waiting taxis.

East End Public Beach in Colliers does have a bathroom as does the Cayman Kai Public beach near Rum Point. Both are a long taxi ride away from the dock.

I highly recommend Cemetery Beach! It's at the north end of Seven Mile Beach, but doesn't have any amenities so it's not crowded at all. When we went there, we were one of just three groups on the whole stretch of beach. My main goal was snorkeling, and from my research I found that Cemetery offers the best combo of sand beach and reef for great snorkeling. It was an $8 cab ride from Carnival's alternate anchoring site (rough seas required a change) but it may be less from the usual pier since it's closer.

I highly recommend Cemetery Beach! It's at the north end of Seven Mile Beach, but doesn't have any amenities so it's not crowded at all. When we went there, we were one of just three groups on the whole stretch of beach. My main goal was snorkeling, and from my research I found that Cemetery offers the best combo of sand beach and reef for great snorkeling. It was an $8 cab ride from Carnival's alternate anchoring site (rough seas required a change) but it may be less from the usual pier since it's closer.

It appears that the local tour companies have glommed onto Cemetery Beach. They were offering $30 snorkle trips there. It wasn't as deserted as I pictured it.

We took one of the island buses there (only $2.50 per person). When we arrived there were at least 100 people there, but still quieter than what we saw of the main parts of 7 mile which appeared to be madhouses.

This was last week (1/12).

• 3 months later...

Any other thoughts on this? We're debating between an excursion that includes a trip to Rum Point or an excursion that only lasts half the day so we have time to cab it up to 7-mile beach ourselves, but we'd like to find an area that's likely to be quiet and private. No need for good snorkeling since our excursion will include that.

I have read many excellent reports vis-a-vis the snorkeling at Cemetery beach, but my wife is concerned about the availability of a taxi or bus for the return to the pier; hence, the experiences of anyone in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Archived