Theatre Shows for Cruise Babe

Cymro1953

I found our Island Chat papers and here are the shows.

Night 1 Elvis.

2. Steve Simone singing soulful sounds.

3. Magic of the Musicals and at 11.15 p.m. Loryn and Edward singing songs from Sinatra to Opera.

4. The I.E. showteam in a show called Pure Imagination

5. Paul Eastwood visiting U.K. comedian. he was really funny and clean.

6. Was a Christmas Song Show. I suppose that will be different now

7. No Business Like Show Business. Songs and music from the shows by the showteam.

Don't forget the quiz shows and entertainment in the Bounty Lounge in between the shows. Especially, Millionaire, Name That Tune and Strictly Cruise Dancing and the late night stuff too.

Unless there are a few of you, if you can get the single seats at the tables rather than the long sofa type ones. They are more comfortable

Berwyn

Pleasure,

We didn't see Steve Simone for some reason, can't remember what we were doing.

Do you know what cabin you've got?

She's not the only one to have plumbing problems. Destiny not long ago had the whole front end of the ship's toilets blocked on a cruise.

We had the whole of deck 9 toilets blocked on the last evening for a time and that was caused by some idiot putting a baby's disposable nappy in theirs.

Berwyn

Hi

We don't know which cabin we have - could be either 5 and 6 and we have a cabin for 3 booked.

We have cruised 4 times with Ocean Village and had a great time with the informal aspect of this type of cruise and had gathered that Island Escape was similar.

In addition to the plumbing and other safety issues, there seems to be lots of complaints about state of bed linen, towels, showers, decor of cabins etc. Do you have any idea how it compares to Ocean Village. The food and entertainments sound fine so I am not too worried about that. Main fun of a cruise for me is visiting lots of different places so am not expecting a luxury cruise just hope it is reasonable and most of all safe. Best part of a cruise is looking forward to it but the last few days have really spoiled this for me with all the negative reviews - hopefully plumbing will be sorted and the weather more settled for February.

Thaks a million for your replies to my questions from my other postings.

Cruise Babe

All the Thomson's ships are older than the OV ones, all early 1980's compared to OV1 launched in 2003 and OV2 in 2000. The cabins we had (ours on deck 9 and the boys on deck 4) were spotlessly clean. The style of the decorating is old fashioned and you can tell by the wallpaper in parts where the edges join are starting to come apart.

The bathroom area is again old in style, (like when we got married in 1980 and everyone was putting in avocado and deep pink bathroom suites and matching tiles). But everything was clean, unbroken and worked fine.

The boys said the only difference inside between theirs and ours was we had a fridge in the wardrobe.

Beds were comfortable. Due to arthritis I have a special bed at home with a Northern Nights feather mattress topper. I slept like a baby on the ship with no aches or pains in the joints in the morning.

The towels are what you'd call if you were buying Dulux paint in B and Q "white with a hint of grey", but all the fleets ones aparently are like that. But they are not thin or threadbare.

Have a look at this thread too

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1117946

Janet (Smiffy) has done this cruise and Transatlantic on Destiny and she's a smaller ship.

There is a link there too to our cabin pics from both last month and 2008 in post 5 on that thread.

Always glad to help with what I can.

Berwyn

Archived