Just back form Sapphire Princess w/ 9month old

ucsbgirl

Glad you enjoyed it! That's the ship we took last year with our just turned 1 year old. Don't know how your experience was getting on/off, but ours was a breeze. DH's family are platinum (?) Princess cruisers and they all couldn't believe how quickly we were out and at the airport.

I'm wodering how it will be taking an 8 mo. old to the beach...Hope it's not crazy and I hope he likes the water on the ship( water park, kiddie pool) And I hope it's warm.....The only thing that stinks is no babysitting.He has to be 1yr old on rccl. I wanted to go to chops.

I'm wodering how it will be taking an 8 mo. old to the beach...Hope it's not crazy and I hope he likes the water on the ship( water park, kiddie pool) And I hope it's warm.....The only thing that stinks is no babysitting.He has to be 1yr old on rccl. I wanted to go to chops.

Your child will not be allowed in the pools on board (any of the cruise lines!) as he is not potty trained. The only ships that allow non-potty trained kids in a small area of the H2O zone are the Disney ships and the Freedom class ships of Royal Caribbean. The majority of the H2O zone are for potty trained kids.

Your child will not be allowed in the pools on board (any of the cruise lines!) as he is not potty trained. The only ships that allow non-potty trained kids in a small area of the H2O zone are the Disney ships and the Freedom class ships of Royal Caribbean. The majority of the H2O zone are for potty trained kids.

Oasis and some day Allure, also have areas for the non-potty trained.

Getting off the ship- This by far was the smoothest and quickest exit. I was worried about getting tired/hungry, but we walked quicly through, grabbed out luggage and got into the car. We stayed in the covered pool area so our little one could play on a lounge chair until our "time" was up

Our son LOVED the beach, very entertaining.

Stroller-I forget the actualy name or model number but it is an umbrella stroller by Chicco. It fit through the hallways nicely, and folded up easily and we kept it under the crib.

A note about food: we pre-requested baby food. A tray was delivered to our stateroom the first night. Each night in the dining room a staff member came by our table (not our waiter) and took our little one's dinner order so we didn't have to carry jars to dinner. Very nice.

Charged a 3rd person's rate.

We had a mini-suite, balcony was great to hang out on while baby slept.

Enjoy cruising with your little one, it was great to share many firsts with him!

Archived