Bermuda on Enchantment via Norfolk

Knatz

Since I live in Va, I considered a Bermuda cruise out of Norfolk. Having been on the bigger ships, Indy & Freedom, I'm concerned about being disappointed. Any thoughts from those who have downgraded to lesser ships would be appreciated. The only ship that does this trip is the Enchantment which I don't know much about.

Since I live in Va, I considered a Bermuda cruise out of Norfolk. Having been on the bigger ships, Indy & Freedom, I'm concerned about being disappointed. Any thoughts from those who have downgraded to lesser ships would be appreciated. The only ship that does this trip is the Enchantment which I don't know much about.

I would hardly call the Enchantment a downgrade!

Enchantment is not as new or as large as the Independence or the Freedom. Bigger does not mean better; it means bigger.

The Enchantment is a beautiful ship with a friendly crew. She was stretched 4 years ago, and now has a bungee trampoline (no other ship has this), sky walks, a Chops restaurant, a lovely Concierge Lounge, and very nice facilities all 'round.

The Bermuda cruises are short: Just five nights. You should be able to find plenty to do to amuse yourself, as long as you don't usually spend all of your time on the Flowrider or the ice rink. :)

I sure don't consider it a downgrade. The Enchantment is smaller and older but it is wonderful. I have been on the Grandeur and the Enchantment and have enjoyed both of them a great deal.

If you like all the bells and whistles--promenade, surfrider, etc. you will not be happy on the Enchantment.

Wife & I sailed on the Grandeur last May. It was a fantistic cruise! We had the same questions, after sailing on two larger ships. And it was a smooth sailing too! Sea was calm. I believe that you'll have a great time! Enjoy your cruise! :D

Enchantment was a very pleasant surprise. The pool deck is huge ....very open and airy and is quite nice to hang out on. Don't forget the unique sky Bridges.....All in all, everything about it was much better than I anticipated because I am a BIG ship fan. But I will cruise on Enchantment any time.

Thank you all for the positive feedback, it sounds like a great ship. I guess I'm hooked on the " Promenade" ever since I experienced the Navigator, Indy & Freedom, I won't even consider another cruise line.

If you're under 240# you can do the bungee trampoline on Enchantment. It's the only ship in the fleet that offers it as far as I know

I too was considering the Enchantment for a May sailing. We were leaning towards the 9 day from Norfolk. I tend to like the new, larger ships but also had a wonderful time on the smaller ships I have sailed on. Nice to read some good comments on the Enchantment.

Archived