Ambergris Caye

CaribKng

Can anyone tell me if there is a lot to see on this island? My wife and I will be there in a little over a month, and are trying to plan a dive with leaving room to tour the island. If there isn't a lot to see, then we may change our plans.

Thanks.

It's worth going to but is a good distance from port. You might consider Caye Caulker instead after your dive. All depends on how long your in port.

My husband is the OP and we'll actually be diving on Ambergris Caye. We're just planning to do a 1 tank dive so we'll have a few hours left over for touring. We're planning on renting a golf cart, but we're just not finding much on what there is to see. We'll definitely take the time to drive around San Pedro and do some shopping and have lunch, but we'd like to know what else there is to do on the island besides seeing the town. We've gotten some mixed ideas of whether there is more to see north or south of the bridge. We were first thinking that we should stay south and check out the resort area, but then we were told that there is nothing much to see on the south side and that most of the resorts and nicer areas were north. We'd just like to be able to tour around a little and be able to see the beautiful seascapes around the piers and marinas. Some of the YouTube videos we've seen make it look as if the road you drive on is close to the water and therefore you have beautiful scenery as you're driving. But we're not sure how much that is the case. We don't want to have to park the cart and walk a long ways to the water because we'll have our dive equipment with us. If anyone could just give us some ideas on whether you can see much just driving around or if you really have to get off the cart and walk out to the views and possibly the area that would be best. Thanks.

Archived