gratuities

rayandbelle

Hi there hope someone can help me,my wife an i are booked on the Azamara quest in 2011.

Now with the new changes gratuities are going to be included in the price from when they change over in 2010.

Now i am not sure if it is because we are Aussies we had to pay our gratuities up front Apox.A$900.00 (am not sure if everybody has to) and we dont get a refund unless we cancel and rebook at the higher prices (which would work out dearer).

Would this be correct or should i get my T/A to go back and challege them on it

Thank you for any help you can give me

Ray

We booked last year for a September 2010 cruise and paid all our gratuities up front. When the news broke that gratuities are now included I contacted my TA and asked if they would take that amount off our price but was told only new bookings would be gratuity "free".

I don't think it's just us Aussies....I think anyone who booked before the change just has to lump it.

I think you can ask for the refund...as any cruises booked before the announcement do not have to pay an increased fee for the additional perks you should not have to pay for the gratuities no one else is getting charged for. It sounds to me that the TA is not actually checking accurately. There is NO way I would pay if the guy in the cabin next to me wasn't. I am American and was not charged and I understand some of the Brits have gotten reimbursed for the charge. This is a confusing state of affairs..:cool:

We booked last year for a September 2010 cruise and paid all our gratuities up front. When the news broke that gratuities are now included I contacted my TA and asked if they would take that amount off our price but was told only new bookings would be gratuity "free".

I don't think it's just us Aussies....I think anyone who booked before the change just has to lump it.

See the post by ACC http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116400

Archived