No rooms at the Sheraton

1stimescardy

I just found out the there are no rooms available for March 20 at the Sheraton old San Juan.

I am also very disapointed. I did book a room at the Sheraton PR hotel at 200 Convention

Blvd. It looks nice but I am not sure what is located around that area. I'm hoping someone

here will know. Good luck with your search!!

I just found out the there are no rooms available for March 20 at the Sheraton old San Juan.

I am also very disapointed. I did book a room at the Sheraton PR hotel at 200 Convention

Blvd. It looks nice but I am not sure what is located around that area. I'm hoping someone

Think of 200 Convention as an island surrounded by roads but nothing around, the hotel is brand new. Arriving late at night and sailing the next day would be ok, you can take a $ 0.75 bus to OSJ. The Pan Am cruise port is near, but too far to walk with luggage and in traffic. There is a convention centre thare but no restaurants other than hotel. You may want to consider another area, e.g. Condado.

There are other Old San Juan hotels.....you just have to think outside the box.

Depends on your budget.......but here are a couple

www.hotelmilanopr.com reasonably priced

www.dahousehotelpr.com bohemian style - even cheaper (over Nuyorican Cafe/Bar - some rooms could be noisy due to music below.

www.elconvento.com - upscale boutique hotel (a 350+ yr old convent)

www.sjsuites.com

and Howard Johnsons Plaza de Armas (check their website for info)

i agree with the above poster, think outside the box or should i say outside the big franchise names you already know, in the historic district you got different options, there is also the new casablanca boutique hotel as well, el convento hotel is the most high end hotel in the historic district and the most photographed and written about hotel in san juan by travel magazines worldwide.

i agree with the above poster, think outside the box or should i say outside the big franchise names you already know, in the historic district you got different options, there is also the new casablanca boutique hotel as well, el convento hotel is the most high end hotel in the historic district and the most photographed and written about hotel in san juan by travel magazines worldwide.

Just checked out the website for the Casablanca - so glad to see that old San Juan is getting more boutique type hotels....... it is such a charming and fascinating place....... can't imagine staying anywhere but OLD San Juan !

The problem is that they have a two night minimum for Friday and Saturday. You only want one day. I will bet if you want to book the two days they have rooms....

FYI.. for those choosing the Sheraton cause it is near the port. There are two ports in San Juan. If San Juan is one of the ports of call on your ship then it will stop at the port near the Sheraton. If your curise starts in San Juan you will be boarding at a different port..Pan Am Pier...

sanjuan.asp

FYI.. for those choosing the Sheraton cause it is near the port. There are two ports in San Juan. If San Juan is one of the ports of call on your ship then it will stop at the port near the Sheraton. If your curise starts in San Juan you will be boarding at a different port..Pan Am Pier...

sanjuan.asp

Sort of. All ships calling on this port FOR THE DAY use the old San Juan piers.

Some cruiselines DO use the old San Juan piers to embark and disembark from.

Other cruiselines use the Pan Am pier.

You need to check with your specific cruise.

Thanks for all the information everyone!!! I am still searching, I wanted to stay at the sheraton because its near the pier and I wanted to stay in OSJ. I am trying to be creative but I have seen the movie HOSTEL to many times lol for those of you who know

Thanks for all the information everyone!!! I am still searching, I wanted to stay at the sheraton because its near the pier and I wanted to stay in OSJ. I am trying to be creative but I have seen the movie HOSTEL to many times lol for those of you who know

I wouldn't let the wor "Hostel" worry you too much. My daughter just got back from school in Europe and her and her friends did alot of traveling and stayed at Hostels and some were really nice except the one in Prague. There the girls put their beds together and held on to each other.

sanjuan.asp

Does Celebrity Summit starting in San Juan cruise out of Pan American or Old San Juan???

I booked at the Embassy San Juan and am afraid I blew it, lol.

After reading many TripAdvisor reviews I booked at the SJ Suites Hotel on Fortaleza Street in Old San Juan for $120. No bells & whistles here but the rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable in a fantastic location. The old city streets, restaurants and attractions were all within walking distance.

I just got back and stayed at the OSJ Sheratan and would never stay there again. The hotel clerk Ramon was snooty and rude, the room smelled like mold, the Hertz counter lady at the hotel was useless-there were no cars available and she told me to call another Hertz but instead of even giving me the number sent me across the lobby to conceirage for assistance. Oh and you have to stick your room key in a slot to get the elevator to work-for security purposes but that doesnt stop random people from entering the hotel! We were on the roof and had someone off one of the ships up there getting his picture taken with his ship in the background lol. The rooftop pool area has a nice view of the pier but not worth it to stay there again.

After reading many TripAdvisor reviews I booked at the SJ Suites Hotel on Fortaleza Street in Old San Juan for $120. No bells & whistles here but the rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable in a fantastic location. The old city streets, restaurants and attractions were all within walking distance.

I just booked there as well. Has anyone stayed there or have any insight on the place? Thanks.:)

As previously mentioned, I stayed here and would recommend...Just a little more info that may interest you.

The front rooms do experience street noise, no problem for us but others may be bothered. Do not book here for views, it's all about location, comfort and price.

Their continental breakfast is disappointing. Try making a ham & cheese 'breakfast panini'. Plenty of breakfast restaurants very nearby.

Check out is 12pm but they have a baggage storage room and will be happy to hold 'em for you if you set sail later in the day....The staff will also call a taxi to take you to the pier.

The staff here is very friendly and helpful....and oh yea, no ice.

As previously mentioned, I stayed here and would recommend...Just a little more info that may interest you.

The front rooms do experience street noise, no problem for us but others may be bothered. Do not book here for views, it's all about location, comfort and price.

Their continental breakfast is disappointing. Try making a ham & cheese 'breakfast panini'. Plenty of breakfast restaurants very nearby.

Check out is 12pm but they have a baggage storage room and will be happy to hold 'em for you if you set sail later in the day....The staff will also call a taxi to take you to the pier.

The staff here is very friendly and helpful....and oh yea, no ice.

Thanks so much for your review. We are basically just looking for a place to sleep since we don't arrive until around midnight. We wanted to stay in OSJ just didn't want to pay a huge amount of money for basically about 8 to 10 hours of use. Location, Comfort and Price is just what we were looking for. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Go to tripadvisor.com and Search San Juan hotels by using their map and hotel ratings.......We are staying at the Casablanca in 2 1/2 weeks.

So, njerald, by when you posted this you're probably back about now? Can you comment on the Casablanca? I just happened to catch your old thread as I was searching for info on it, we're considering it for a night before our cruise this summer.

Archived