Chair Hogs?

G&TQ

I have not seen chair hog threads latly. Have they gone away? The chair hogs not the threads.

I was just reading a thread about what do you do that is unusual on a cruise? I think I would like to watch for chair hogs and move thier stuff. after 30 minutes of being unattended.......

Just returned from 8 day Freedom cruise. The only place I found chair hogs were up on the Serenity deck. Those lounge beds were occupied by the same people from early morning til the sun went down. I think the only way you would have a chance at those is if you are up there before the sun rises.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just returned from 8 day Freedom cruise. The only place I found chair hogs were up on the Serenity deck. Those lounge beds were occupied by the same people from early morning til the sun went down. I think the only way you would have a chance at those is if you are up there before the sun rises.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Were they occupied by bodies or by things like a flip flop, an orange, or a paperback novel? I don't mind if they're occupied by bodies. I don't consider those chair hogs.

I wonder what would happen if chair hog stuff just got randomly moved around...

They do when I'm on a cruise and their stuff has been there for more than 45 minutes or so...it "randomly" gets taken to a staff member as "lost and found". :D

FYI: We only do this when we're cruising with the kids. I need to see my kids in the pool to make sure they are safe and to make sure they are being respectful of other passengers. I can't do that two decks up, while 50 chairs sit with a flip flop on one lounger and an orange on the one beside it, directly in front of the pool. :rolleyes: If they aren't with us, I couldn't care less where we are on the pool deck.

They do when I'm on a cruise and their stuff has been there for more than 45 minutes or so...it "randomly" gets taken to a staff member as "lost and found". :D

I was thinking more along the lines of moving the orange to the paperback chair, the paperback to the flip-flop, the flip-flop to the t-shirt, etc.

I have not seen chair hog threads latly. Have they gone away? The chair hogs not the threads.

I was just reading a thread about what do you do that is unusual on a cruise? I think I would like to watch for chair hogs and move thier stuff. after 30 minutes of being unattended.......

The last time someone stole my lounger I almost threw them over the railing. I did not do this however, as my kids would have really wondered what happened to mommy!:D Bill.

I was thinking more along the lines of moving the orange to the paperback chair, the paperback to the flip-flop, the flip-flop to the t-shirt, etc.

WOW, wouldn't that be a HOOT! I've got to do that on my next cruise (14 days away). :D I'll let y'all know how it goes. I can't wait to see what happens when, and if any of these dolts return and find their stuff, but in a completely different chair, in a completely different section of the pool deck. Sounds like a FUN, FUN, FUN way to spend a day.

"SKY"

If you have not seen the threads it is because you are not looking. A new thread gets started at least once a week on the same non-issue.

I started one just last week called "drunken lounger stealers" I learned later they were called chogs....Im new to this and my first cruise is in March..check out my thread..the gloves were off and the fur was flying !

No they were occupied

Pig.jpg

I am cruising in a little over a month. I think I will make up fliers, with this photo, and print on it, "Thank you fro being a..." and leave it with the belongings that have been there too long :D. and wait to see their face when they do come back...

Ok really I will be to busy having fun, but combining this photo, and the Carnival Notice I got for the other thread. would really be a hoot.

If it were on an 8X10 sheet of paper, big enough for everyone to see. Everyone would be waiting for the Chog to come back. Oh ya, I might do it to one or two Chogs. Cheap entertainment :eek:

I started one just last week called "drunken lounger stealers" I learned later they were called chogs....Im new to this and my first cruise is in March..check out my thread..the gloves were off and the fur was flying !

Yours was a fun thread... I have only been on one cruise, and yes there were times there was people hogging chairs, but I would come back as soon as my nap was over :eek: Kidding, we had 3 or 4 chairs a couple of days by the pool with 8 of us. But we didn't have to really "Save" hog them as there were always chairs open. The only time is got crazy was Ice sculpting time.

What I love about this CC Board is, I learn stuff.

Like we were 8 Adults, and we did sit by the pool a couple of days, but I was the only one who ever went in it, and that was for a minimum of time.

I will now think twice about using those loungers, as Parents with kids might have a NEED to have them, not just a want.

Were they occupied by bodies or by things like a flip flop, an orange, or a paperback novel? I don't mind if they're occupied by bodies. I don't consider those chair hogs.

I understand and don't mind if flip-flops and towels occupy the chairs as marking them as being in use while someone is in the pool or grabbing their lunch or a drink. What I mind is when the flip-flops and towels stay there for hours and you see no one.

I am cruising in a little over a month. I think I will make up fliers, with this photo, and print on it, "Thank you fro being a..." and leave it with the belongings that have been there too long :D. and wait to see their face when they do come back...

Ok really I will be to busy having fun, but combining this photo, and the Carnival Notice I got for the other thread. would really be a hoot.

If it were on an 8X10 sheet of paper, big enough for everyone to see. Everyone would be waiting for the Chog to come back. Oh ya, I might do it to one or two Chogs. Cheap entertainment :eek:

Go for it, couple cocktails waiting for them to come back and read it.. priceless.

You can normally see them drive up to the port if you look hard enough.

PigVWArtCar.jpg

and they try to disguise themselves as well.

Pig1.jpg

:D:D:

Archived