The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Coming in on the Pride and thinking of trip to Magic Kingdom. What do you recommend is the best way to get there? Car rental?? Shuttle??

Sorry if asked before but I couldn't find info (or just plain gave up!).

Many thanks!

Coming in on the Pride and thinking of trip to Magic Kingdom. What do you recommend is the best way to get there? Car rental?? Shuttle??

Sorry if asked before but I couldn't find info (or just plain gave up!).

Many thanks!

I posted this elsewhere but am copying it here for you...this is what we did:

My family and I just returned from the Carnival Pride which docked in Port Canaveral for the day, and we went to the Magic Kingdom. We did it on our own, bypassing the ship excursions in part because we already had admission tickets paid for. A one-day ticket into any of the WDW parks is about $80pp for adults, one reason why the ship excursions are so pricey.

We could have rented a car for about $50-60 but chose to use a town car service. Definitely pricier, but in my mind more efficient and it bought us more time in the park. There are no rental agencies at the port; you need to shuttle to their office to get your vehicle, so factor in that time both coming and going when deciding how long to stay at the park. Also factor in the time it takes to park and shuttle on the tram to the park entrance. Historically, we've always allowed about 15-30 minutes to get from our parked car to the gates. You mentioned you wanted a van, so that may cost more to rent.

Here is a summary of what we did last week...remember though, we hired a town car. Again, more expensive than a rental but still far cheaper (for us) than the ship excursion because we already had tickets in hand.

The Pride docked on-time and passengers were let off right around 7:30am; we were off by 7:40am. Our limo driver was waiting right there at the exit for us.

We arrived at the Ticket and Transportation Center taxi stand at 8:50am and had a short monorail ride to the gate.

The park opened that morning at 9am, so we were in the gates less than 20 minutes after rope drop.

We had plenty of time to do the following:

Space Mountain

Splash Mountain

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

TTA Peoplemover

Carousel of Progress

Mickey's Philharmagic 3D Show

Winnie the Pooh Ride

Haunted Mansion

Lunch at Cosmic Ray's

Shopping along Main Street

Snacks at the Dole Whip stand

Saw the afternoon parade

We left the park at 3:50pm to get back to the taxi stand for our 4pm pickup...so we spent seven hours in the park. I think we did a LOT for just 7 hours.

Hi Shirley,

Well here we come again. LOL We will be there the 27th of Sept. Have Mike from VIP booked also. And of course we are staying for our 4th or 5th time at the Raddison and will be enjoying seeing Joe again. Have been in contact with him already. We will be cruising out on the Dream Oct 2, and then coming back to raddison till tues. Have also booked Mike for the return trip to Orlando. Have heard so much good on him we decieded to give him a try. Like others I havent been inpressed with CCB with the way their vehicles ride and dont want to go all over the place before heading to our hotel. We are planning on stopping in to visit with u also for a bit first part of week if that is OK with u. U will be our first stop when we get out and get going either Monday or Tues. Ur area feels so much like our extended home when we are there with all ur ideas and things to see and the sea food and fruit is so much better than we get here. Thanks so much for keeping up this board cause I sure know its alot of work. See you and Norm real soon. Berna and Larry

Hi Shirley,

Well here we come again. LOL We will be there the 27th of Sept. Have Mike from VIP booked also. And of course we are staying for our 4th or 5th time at the Raddison and will be enjoying seeing Joe again. Have been in contact with him already. We will be cruising out on the Dream Oct 2, and then coming back to raddison till tues. Have also booked Mike for the return trip to Orlando. Have heard so much good on him we decieded to give him a try. Like others I havent been inpressed with CCB with the way their vehicles ride and dont want to go all over the place before heading to our hotel. We are planning on stopping in to visit with u also for a bit first part of week if that is OK with u. U will be our first stop when we get out and get going either Monday or Tues. Ur area feels so much like our extended home when we are there with all ur ideas and things to see and the sea food and fruit is so much better than we get here. Thanks so much for keeping up this board cause I sure know its alot of work. See you and Norm real soon. Berna and Larry

OMG it will be so great to see you both - hummmmmmmm sailing on my birthday I see - call me before you come to make sure I am here and you also know my email address - you will like Michael's transportation - I guess he seems so real and so honest - he better not let me know or I will cry a bunch :/ but I don't believe he will - he is a super person

See ya soon

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS

always your friend

PS keeping this board up is very consuming but I really do enjoy it and so many folks give me so much help by helping me with posting of their own experience - this thread still belongs to PSBcap and hope someday he will be back :-)

Most of the time, you do find some restaurants open on Thanksgiving day, but each year it changes and hard to say at this time - when it gets closer and if I can find out, will post a note ok? Since my brain turns into jelly a lot of times, will you remind me?

Thanks

I understand. I'll check with you a little closer to sail date.

Thanks for the great information on the board. Very helpful!

Shirley, after reading your latest comment on CB Shuttle, and others comments, i am cancelling our rezzy with them They owe us $27 from last year when we paid for a car and had to take the shuttle because the owner's wife cracked up the car. Never got a check, and then was told that they don't give money back so have to book to get it. Should have known then, but I booked. it took forever to get a confirmation. Made a change and never got a confirmation. Very uncomfortable with them, now. Does not sound good. Guess we'll lose the $27, but have a better vaca. Thanxs for keeping us all up to date on everything.

Shirley, after reading your latest comment on CB Shuttle, and others comments, i am cancelling our rezzy with them They owe us $27 from last year when we paid for a car and had to take the shuttle because the owner's wife cracked up the car. Never got a check, and then was told that they don't give money back so have to book to get it. Should have known then, but I booked. it took forever to get a confirmation. Made a change and never got a confirmation. Very uncomfortable with them, now. Does not sound good. Guess we'll lose the $27, but have a better vaca. Thanxs for keeping us all up to date on everything.

Dear Beej,

I very very seldom speak badly of anyone. any place etc simply b/c I try very hard to give benefit of the doubt. Mistakes can happen, things can happen to delay anything and again I am in a position to understand how anyone in business can make mistakes and most of all noone is perfect, but due to a number of incidents, decided I would share my own thoughts and feelings and that is all it was - I try to give everyone choices and not recommending just one place etc for I do not feel that is fair to anyone and especially the devoted readers to this thread and the CC staff.

This thread has been exceptional as far as folks interacting with each other, no disputes, no name calling etc. This thread has been filled with much compassion, love, helpfulness, concern and just a "family" surrounding and support so I really will not make anymore comments on CBS - there are many that do believe in them and very happy with their decisions as it should be.

When your "inner feelings" is telling you something, go with it, but remember do what is best for you and your family.

Now lets get on to happier stuff

HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYBODY ;-)

Shirley, if i offended, i am truly sorry. i was getting a very hinkey feeling about them. i did cancel, was told no refunds and said that I felt we were due one since it was their fault. The GM is going to investigate. I have to say we really didn't have any problem before, but always went with the posters feelings and did what i thought best. I value your opinion and your posters opinions. That said, case closed

Shirley, if i offended, i am truly sorry. i was getting a very hinkey feeling about them. i did cancel, was told no refunds and said that I felt we were due one since it was their fault. The GM is going to investigate. I have to say we really didn't have any problem before, but always went with the posters feelings and did what i thought best. I value your opinion and your posters opinions. That said, case closed

Please let me add one more thing :-) --you did NOT offend me in any way and I felt bad that your refund was handled the way it was which it should not have been - you mess up and you return the monies is the way the policy should be - you were great expressing your feeling for if this is done, then other cruisers can make up their mind as to what they are comfortable with - listen that is what this thread is about and btw one of the most popular and that is one of the many reasons we have so many hits a day and so many sharing their experience - this is why the board is called Cruise Critics - so please know I am so grateful and you are very appreciated and I am sure along with myself, many others also, want to feel very safe and comfortable with everything that is discussed here -

Thanks again and have a great time on your cruise and please make sure you post when you get back OK?

Hugssssssssss :-)

Hey Darlene,

Meant to ask - how was the cruise without no kids and how did the anniversary go?

I believe the Dream is such a neat ship and they have such a great staff - anyhow if you come back here, make sure to just stop by and say hello ok

May the rest of the year be very good to you and yours

Was not 100% thrilled with the cruise but loved every minute I had with my husband.

Remind me where you work? We may do Freedom of the Seas next summer.

Was not 100% thrilled with the cruise but loved every minute I had with my husband.

Remind me where you work? We may do Freedom of the Seas next summer.

Hello Darlene - Listen if there EVER is 100% perfect of anything we plan, then I want someone to clue me in :-) the great thing is that you and hubby had time together and that is what counts - anyhow take care and when you can drop me a note at snelsonbrown at aol dot com - meanwhile have a great day

HAPPY THURSDAY EVERYBODY --------keep a smile and let folks wonder what you have been up to ;-))

Shirley, thanks. BTW, i booked with Travelynx and got great service and a confirmation in less than a half hour. They are also picking up at an airport hotel (friends are coming in late Saturday and staying at the airport off site) for no extra charge. I feel a lot better about someone who goes out of their way with their customer service. I'll post after my cruise.

Shirley, thanks. BTW, i booked with Travelynx and got great service and a confirmation in less than a half hour. They are also picking up at an airport hotel (friends are coming in late Saturday and staying at the airport off site) for no extra charge. I feel a lot better about someone who goes out of their way with their customer service. I'll post after my cruise.

I really believe you made an excellent choice - you goooooooooooooo girlfriend - bet you feel a little more relieve with everything put into place :-) - when you are on your cruise, get a Bahama Mama and get relaxed :) - you will do just great

Looking forward to your after cruise post

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who is sailing this weekend or this coming week, but you should go to post 295 and check out the weather so just in case you have to prepare for kinda of a wet week - Just a precaution for those "just in case" situations

HAPPY FRIDAY SO RISE AND SHINE ;-)

I don't know who is sailing this weekend or this coming week, but you should go to post 295 and check out the weather so just in case you have to prepare for kinda of a wet week - Just a precaution for those "just in case" situations

HAPPY FRIDAY SO RISE AND SHINE ;-)

I've been watching weather.com for the last few days to see what the weather might be like when we arrive next Friday.... this morning I was finally a little happier with what I saw....

Fri Sep 3

32.gif?12122006

Sunny

89° high temp

76° low temp

0% Precip. Chance

Sat Sep 4

38.gif?12122006

Scattered T-Storms

89° high temp

76° low temp

60% Precip. Chance

Sun Sep 5

32.gif?12122006

Sunny

88° high temp

77° low temp

0% Precip. Chance

I've been watching weather.com for the last few days to see what the weather might be like when we arrive next Friday.... this morning I was finally a little happier with what I saw....

Fri Sep 3

32.gif?12122006

Sunny

89° high temp

76° low temp

0% Precip. Chance

Sat Sep 4

38.gif?12122006

Scattered T-Storms

89° high temp

76° low temp

60% Precip. Chance

Sun Sep 5

32.gif?12122006

Sunny

88° high temp

77° low temp

0% Precip. Chance

REMEMBER our weather changes as fast as I change my mind :-)

Glad to see that you are keeping an eye open for those "just in case" -

Beautiful today - not as hot as it has been - :-))

Change of plans for me...we are now going on the cruise in May instead of spring break. It will be much better in the long run.

Mike from VIP Limo has been fantastic. Cruise is booked, and I'm going to reserve our hotel next! I am leaning towards La Quinta Oceanfront. Great rates, and the rooms look very nice. I was a bit confused at first, because there are two La Quintas close together.

Are the reviews good for the oceanfront, for those of you who have stayed there?

Holding room at this hotel for Jan.,,,any thing negative I have to know??

Thanks for any info....:)

Just stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port, loved it...room great, staff wonderful & makes you feel like you're on vacation the moent you walk into the lobby - very tropical feel.

Change of plans for me...we are now going on the cruise in May instead of spring break. It will be much better in the long run.

Mike from VIP Limo has been fantastic. Cruise is booked, and I'm going to reserve our hotel next! I am leaning towards La Quinta Oceanfront. Great rates, and the rooms look very nice. I was a bit confused at first, because there are two La Quintas close together.

Are the reviews good for the oceanfront, for those of you who have stayed there?

The LaQuinta Oceanfront is fantastic - Chris the GM is another of my favorite people for he really looks out for his clients also do NOT forget to give CC credit for the information.

Listen here is his email, you can drop him a note and he will get back to you

cwald@laquintacocoabeach.com

and for Joe at the Radisson

jpanackia@radissonport.com

Hi again

You were so helpful with my car rental question I have another. Do you know if any Cape Canaveral area hotels offer "day rates". Our ship,

the Pride, arrives early and leaves late and the usual hotel rates don't make sense. I know Hotels often only offer "day rates" on the

day required but not in advance.

Thanx

i

Hi again

You were so helpful with my car rental question I have another. Do you know if any Cape Canaveral area hotels offer "day rates". Our ship,

the Pride, arrives early and leaves late and the usual hotel rates don't make sense. I know Hotels often only offer "day rates" on the

day required but not in advance.

Thanx

i

This is the only one that I know that does day rates - drop Judy a note and ask her about it and that you are off this board ok?

Good luck

LaQuinta http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/prop...26promocorp%3D

La Quinta now offers upscale Continental breakfast buffet which includes waffles, eggs, sausages, bacon, muffins and fruits and this is included with your room.

They offer shuttle service for $4.00 per person one way and they also have park and cruise and includes the shuttle service also.

If you have any problems or questions, you can contact Judy Hutcherson at 321-783-2252 Ext. 603 or you can email her at lq0622dos@laquinta.com