How did the under 10 yr olds like the Oasis?

skyw

Hi

I have a 6 year old and am considering the Oasis, Freedom or Disney. I would love to hear about some of the kids experiences. The programs, how crowded the kids pool is, food and if they liked some of the shows.

Thanks

I´m pretty sure that you definitely will have a problem getting your 6 yo off the Oasis after the cruise!!

The programs are really cool! And they do have an own puppet musical for kids called ImaginOcean. It was really great and I didn´t see any kid who didn´t like it (we were the only adults without a kid in that show). There´s a Science Lab for kids (and the do have nice experiments, on the Serenade my DD was teached how germs are spreading - mix glitter into body lotion and shake hands, touch stuff - I found those "germs" in her hair over the next few days :eek:). They do a lot of arts&crafts (separate room for that too) and fun games.

The whole Boardwalk area tends to families with kids, the carousel, the kids´ stores... The AquaTheater has a family show called Splish Splash (latest news are that this will start in March). They had family entertainment on the Boardwalk with fun games.

Actually I´ve been on the pre inaugurals and we had to leave our 10yo back home. We´re going to return because of our daughter as I know how much fun she will have.

The Oasis is definitely a family orientated ship.

steamboats

My eight year old daughter absolutely loved it. She cried when we were getting off the ship Jan 2. I think the Oasis is better than a Disney cruise, haven't been on one but that is my opinion based on what I have seen on the travel channel. The Adventure Ocean program is great with some additional rooms for the kids to participate in science, art and theater on the Oasis. The boardwalk neighborhood is used for family fun festivals the three days at sea. These are a lot of fun. There is a lady there each of those days that does face painting. She loved the H2O zone. The parades on the promenade deck were cool. She also enjoyed the food and the shows. It was just one of the best vacations ever!!!!!!

My 8 year old was shy the first day and I had to bribe him with a Lego toy from the boardwalk toy shop to go into the club on day 2. We dropped him off before our dinner at 150 Central Park and, at 12:45 am, I had to beg him to come back to the room! After that, all he wanted to do was go to the kids club. The facilities on the Oasis are, for kids, the best I've ever seen (by a long shot) and, if only they had a supervised water activity (pool, etc.) for the kids, it would be 100% perfect (though I couldn't even get my son to leave the indoor club to go into the pool he was having so much fun). We're rebooking Oasis for xmas this year based on his loving the club and wanting to sail again. My son spent some time with the 6-8 and some with the older kids (being almost 9 he was on the cusp) and preferred the activities, etc. for the 6-8 year olds.

• 2 months later...
I´m pretty sure that you definitely will have a problem getting your 6 yo off the Oasis after the cruise!!

The programs are really cool! And they do have an own puppet musical for kids called ImaginOcean. It was really great and I didn´t see any kid who didn´t like it (we were the only adults without a kid in that show). There´s a Science Lab for kids (and the do have nice experiments, on the Serenade my DD was teached how germs are spreading - mix glitter into body lotion and shake hands, touch stuff - I found those "germs" in her hair over the next few days :eek:). They do a lot of arts&crafts (separate room for that too) and fun games.

The whole Boardwalk area tends to families with kids, the carousel, the kids´ stores... The AquaTheater has a family show called Splish Splash (latest news are that this will start in March). They had family entertainment on the Boardwalk with fun games.

Actually I´ve been on the pre inaugurals and we had to leave our 10yo back home. We´re going to return because of our daughter as I know how much fun she will have.

The Oasis is definitely a family orientated ship.

steamboats

Steamboats, am I to understand that adults can see Imaginocean, too?!? I have been trying to find out since we saw a YouTube video about it, and it looks great! Do adults need pre-reservations?

Thanks!

Christina

Christina,

As I wrote before, I´ve been on the pre inaugural cruises in November. I´ve seen one of the first shows ever (actually it was the second one).

I think I´ve read somewhere in the Compasses that there are two shows on a cruise and the second one is for parents too. You definitely can´t sign up online.

I can tell you more in June when we´re back.

steamboats

we went on the Oasis in March with a 7 year old girl and a 9 year old boy and they both had a great time in the Crayola club.

This was our first cruise and I had never been a fan of 'kids' clubs but when I saw how much my kids WANTED to go and enjoyed all the acivities I didn't want to stop them, I have had to bring back flags, volcanos, pictures, masks all the way to the uk because the kids did so many things.

The kids pool had a lazy river, water guns, mini sun loungers for the kids, it was never too busy but always enough people for the kids to have a great time. I have put a couple of photos on.

The boardwalk area, has the carousel, face painting, zoltar machine, do-nut shop, ice cream palour everything any kid could want

070.jpg.368bcf8646707b4607a4384f66f2f707.jpg

066.jpg.7d211f3bc819fb6728f02a92ba02dafe.jpg

Archived