Aft cabin balcony- noisy? dirty?

MaiTaiMary

visited friends who had one and loved it we also thought it was great, however, while we were on the balcony had 2 butts and a plastic cup come down but we were right below the Lido I think. It is cleaned up each morning so not a big deal. They said it was worth it and would do it again anytime. Don't fret it will be great.

Had an aft on the Liberty three years ago and booked one on the Victory next week. LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT!!!! Oh did I mention I loved

it :D. It will be what you make of it. Go in with a positive attitude and you it will be all you want it to be. ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY!!!!!

We are also booking an aft balcony on Victory for a Sept.12 would llike to hear your review when get back and more on cabin.

We just upgraded to a aft extended balcony cabin. Now I'm reading a lot about how noisy and dirty they are.:(

Any thoughts on this?

Is the noise from the water or .... ? I'm hoping to relax out here a lot and read. Somebody please tell me it's not too noisy for that! :D

Why are these balconys so dirty? :confused:

Did you ask in the threads you were reading? If someone said their aft balcony was noisy or dirty, it would make sense to me to ask that person specifically what was noisy and/or dirty about it. Or are you talking about the reviews on the main CC Review page and not the threads here where you can respond? :confused:

Noise - yes, the wake is very loud. Absolutely no noise from neighbors (your experience may vary).

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3021756840102755439KLzJTP

Movement - quite a lot of horizontal shaking at all times. Had a rough day on 2nd sea day and there was lots of vertical movement that day, too. Intermittent rain that day, so the overhang came in handy. Was able to just cram myself against the cabin window to stay out of the rain and stay out in the fresh air.

Dirt - yes, there were a couple of days when there was some ash. I wouldn't want to sit in the chair in light-colored clothing without checking first to see if there was any ash.

This is 4230 on Miracle, which has the larger overhang. I would suspect that the cabins higher up, with little overhang, might get more ash, and even occasional trash from clowns at the aft pool who let things blow over the rail or even intentionally throw their nasty cig butts overboard. And I would think Deck 8 could hear chair scraping from the Lido deck, but the sound of the wake might drown it out.

Like I said, it would make the most sense to ask the specific poster(s) who stated there was noise/dirt what - exactly - they meant.

Did you ask in the threads you were reading? If someone said their aft balcony was noisy or dirty, it would make sense to me to ask that person specifically what was noisy and/or dirty about it. Or are you talking about the reviews on the main CC Review page and not the threads here where you can respond? :confused:

Noise - yes, the wake is very loud. Absolutely no noise from neighbors (your experience may vary).

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3021756840102755439KLzJTP

Movement - quite a lot of horizontal shaking at all times. Had a rough day on 2nd sea day and there was lots of vertical movement that day, too. Intermittent rain that day, so the overhang came in handy. Was able to just cram myself against the cabin window to stay out of the rain and stay out in the fresh air.

Dirt - yes, there were a couple of days when there was some ash. I wouldn't want to sit in the chair in light-colored clothing without checking first to see if there was any ash.

This is 4230 on Miracle, which has the larger overhang. I would suspect that the cabins higher up, with little overhang, might get more ash, and even occasional trash from clowns at the aft pool who let things blow over the rail or even intentionally throw their nasty cig butts overboard. And I would think Deck 8 could hear chair scraping from the Lido deck, but the sound of the wake might drown it out.

Like I said, it would make the most sense to ask the specific poster(s) who stated there was noise/dirt what - exactly - they meant.

How were the Platinum perks?

We just upgraded to a aft extended balcony cabin. Now I'm reading a lot about how noisy and dirty they are.:(

Any thoughts on this?

Is the noise from the water or .... ? I'm hoping to relax out here a lot and read. Somebody please tell me it's not too noisy for that! :D

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Sensation, and I didn't think our cabin ( E 259 ) was noisy. I thought the aft section was quiet in fact. The room was imaculate, and the extended balcony was totally clean. I was amazed and delighted by how much extra room there was on this balcony.

Any thoughts on this?

I have never experienced any dirt in an aft balcony...as far as noise, I honestly didn't think it was bad and being back there is amazing and worth a little extra 'vibration' now and then.

We've had aft cabin 6262 on both the Spirit and the Pride, and we have aft 7302 booked on the Spirit for our Alaska cruise this summer. Love those cabins! I find the noise of the wake soothing, not loud, and I spent lots of time on the balcony reading. Although we did occassionally find a little soot on the chairs, it was quickly cleaned by the cabin steward. There is a only small overhang, but I don't remember any issues with having too much sun. Have a great time!

We always do the afts just for about the same reasons all above do...its amazing how people find the Aft balc before they even know the vacation time, then plan around the cabin. ;) We love it though, the vibrations dont bug me a bit..in fact its almost like a slight massage as you sleep.:D

Now we have had some ash on the balconies before, mainly when leaving port and we are at slow speeds and the wind does not carry it away...but never ever enough to make me change, ill throw a towel over a chair or lounger before we move, in fact we turn down upgrades just to stay in the Wraps. :D;):D Never had any trash fall on ours though.

We're on the Empress deck. Is there any kind of overhang at all?

We were in cabin 7445 on the Liberty, while sitting in your chairs they have a slight overhang, but if you go to the railing and look up you can see above a little and below to the deck 6 wrap. But you can only see people when they are standing close to the railing. Ill see if I have pics of the overhang, we have pics of everything else. lol :D

We've had aft cabin 6262 on both the Spirit and the Pride, and we have aft 7302 booked on the Spirit for our Alaska cruise this summer. Love those cabins! I find the noise of the wake soothing, not loud, and I spent lots of time on the balcony reading. Although we did occassionally find a little soot on the chairs, it was quickly cleaned by the cabin steward. There is a only small overhang, but I don't remember any issues with having too much sun. Have a great time!

Hey, that's my cabin! yippee.gif Neat! Do you have any pictures???

We were in cabin 7445 on the Liberty,

Isn't that a corner wrap balcony?

We were in cabin 7445 on the Liberty, while sitting in your chairs they have a slight overhang, but if you go to the railing and look up you can see above a little and below to the deck 6 wrap. But you can only see people when they are standing close to the railing. Ill see if I have pics of the overhang, we have pics of everything else. lol :D

just booked that cabin on the Liberty for 4 / 24 / 10 . been doing some research ( google images ) on the wraps and found this site . thank you to all who have posted . have learned a lot here . We will post pics after the cruise . GF is worried about getting seasick from the "vibration / movement" on the aft end of the ship . should this be a concern ?

M&D

Aft balcony on the Glory last July. Empress deck. No noise, light or vibration issues. People have complained of privacy issues because of stair-step nature of the decks aft. No issue for me, but those in cabins above can, and will, look down on a signifcant part of your balcony--the extended part.

I did have two issues that will cause me not to book one of these cabins in the future. Every deck party resulted in a substantial amount of debris raining down on the balcony, as did the daily deck cleaning by the crew. Every morning the balcony and chairs/chaise, were soaking wet. The other issue was the temperature, whether at sea or in port. No breeze to speak of and western caribbean in July is, well, you get the picture. Downright uncomfortable to be on the balcony from mid-morning until sundown.

Now my experience with the cabin in the back is that at night they have quite the breeze coming thru, the hallway almost acts like a wind tunnel and kept the room quite nice. But when it got too hot, we close the bal door and cranked the A/C. :D

Now I was happy to see my balcony wet, I knew they cleaned it, and its so hot down there that it dried in 20 mins..well with the humidity kinda dried, but enough to enjoy the best view on the ship. :D

I along with my travel mates had no problems with noise, light or vibrations. Well except for the noise, light and vibrations we were making! ;):rolleyes::D

It was a beautiful site watching people's hats, towels, ect. float through the air for quite some distance before plunging into the sea. Unfortunately the same low-lifes that throw garbage, cigarettes, cans, bottles, ect. out their car windows also see no problem with throwing things off the ship.

Noisy from the water but its a white noise. I can't imagine you would have trouble reading. It isn't like voices. Once the cabin door shuts, they are very quiet. NO hallway traffic noise. The only "dirty" I experienced was the soot from the stacks so be careful sitting on a deck chair without looking first to make sure there are no little black spots on them. They stain clothing. I didn't have any trash on my balcony but it can be a problem if some jerk from lido decides to throw something overboard. Cigarette butts are the most common but again I never had a problem with debris.

This is a video I took from the aft balcony so you can get an idea what the noise is like and all our pictures of the cabin too. This was in room 6264 on Spirit empress deck.

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3033218470040669306lnEqkg

Any thoughts on this?

On the Norweigan Gem last summer, we had an aft balcony. a couple of times we noticed a thin layer of soot on the railing in the morning. It took approximately 5 seconds to wipe it away with a towel from the bathroom. Not a bad price to pay for such a great location.

Never had any garbage from higher decks - but you never know when some inconsiderate numb-nuts is going to toss a cigarette butt.

Archived