Embarkation Lunch for Mariners (Several threads merged)

Rudolph38

Back to the thread query about an "ethnic" Mariner's lunch/brunch, if it is anything like the Filippino/Indonesian lunch we were invited to on the Maasdam that was neither embarkation or Mariners since it was our first HAL cruise, the "ethnic" food was quite westernized and not overly flavored compared to what one would really get in the countries of origin.

Thank you kk,this was my point,why are they not informing us when we board ship? I do not really sweath it but it would be nice to be told.It will not stop me cruising HAL.:D:D:D

I agree. We shoudl be told the option and not lied to that there was no luncheon being served in the main dinning room. Although I did not find the menu outstanding that Krazy Kruisers posted, I hated the crowd in the lido. The only seats we could find was one of those tables for 2 that are in the main walkway with people constantly passing you. I pulled back in my chair and almost hit a poor crew member with a big tray of dirty dishes. My hubby admonished me like I had done something terrible, but as I told him it was the bad design, and not my fault. We should be able to get up from the table with out worrying aobut bumping into someone!

Thank you kk,this was my point,why are they not informing us when we board ship? I do not really sweath it but it would be nice to be told.It will not stop me cruising HAL.:D:D:D

There was a mention of the Mariners' lunch in the pamphlet we received when boarding the Westerdam on 1/3. It's the white, probably four-page little booklet you get with the ship's map. On the first page, it mentioned the Mariners' lunch.

I remember being surprised to see it printed because so many people were mentioning that they had no idea it was an option.

There was a mention of the Mariners' lunch in the pamphlet we received when boarding the Westerdam on 1/3. It's the white, probably four-page little booklet you get with the ship's map. On the first page, it mentioned the Mariners' lunch.

I remember being surprised to see it printed because so many people were mentioning that they had no idea it was an option.

It was on our Daily Program also. Mariner's Lunch 12:30 - 1:30, Vista Dining Room. We just went there with our carry-ons, had a delicious lunch, sat at a table with all B2B people. Very comfortable and enjoyable. We were just finishing coffee and dessert when the announcement was made that the rooms were available. Salzburg

We were onboard Westerdam last week, and nobody told us about the Mariner's Lunch on Embarkation Day, but we had heard about it, so we inquired. We were told that yes, lunch was being served in the dining room between the hours of 12-1. We just took our carry-ons with us. Nobody asked us if we were Mariners, so I don't know if they would even question anybody who showed up.

BTW, I had the cream of broccoli soup and the pan seared salmon, which was fabulous! The food onboard Westerdam this time around was the best out of our three Westerdam cruises.

Jo-Ann

Archived