Carnival Liberty

hammer000

I just sailed Carnival Liberty in Nov. Last time I went on a carnival ship it was almost 20 years ago - so won't compare them. I normally sail Royal. I prefer royal - but for the cost difference Carnival was the way to go and I would sail them again. Rooms were about the same size (balcony), shows and entertainment were better on Carnival. Carnival had MUCH better dessert. The rest of the food was so-so. Many times I left the dinning room with just eating salad and dessert cuz the main menu items did not sound good to me. Like the pool set up on royal better - 2 pools - carnival liberty only had one in the main area.

Is there something specific you are trying to find out?

kathy

We have sailed CCL lIberty and are sailing her again in April!

We have sailed both RCL and CCL now as well as Princess.

My opinion:

The food is much better on CCL.

The beds are to die for!

Cabins are a bit larger than RCL but a "regular" balcony is smaller than RCL. We have an aft wrap for April:)

Always something to do on CCL as well as RCL.

Love the slide and pool area on CCL as well as movie screen on deck. For events taking place around the pool you can stay right in your chair and watch on the screen.

Love the Promenade on RCL.

We found the service excellent on Liberty.

We like RCL as well........Hard to comapre RCL ships I have sailed as I have sailed Voyager and Freedom class.

CCL Liberty is though a gorgeous ship. Not at all what we expected.

NEVER did I think we would enjoy CCL as much as we did.

I do feel you get much more bang for your buck on this ship.

Just off RCL Navigator (4th sailing on NOS) and was saddened by the condition of the ship as well as the food quality.

I do not go hungry on any ship........there is always something somewhere to eat.

RCL has hot room service breakfast (which was not very good our last sailing)CCL offer fruit and pastry room service breakfast.

OH....Liberty has the pizza, hot dogs, chix tenders, ect and ice cream available 24/7. Nice Deli as well.

Love all dining rooms on both RCL & CCL.

It really was a FUN ship, not a huge party ship as CCL's rep leads one to believe.

Go with an open mind..........Have a great cruise!

I travel with my dd and she like the kids activities much better on CCL than RCL. She is 16.

....the previous comparisons given are pretty accurate; you will enjoy your voyage; but

you will return to RCI; they both have their strengths and drawbacks..

..What Carnival has going for it in general are significantly lower rates (for the most part, not always) for a comparable cruise.

Royal lovers are paying a premium for those Ultra Mega Ships; but for most, they feel it's worth it.

Mitch

Archived