Thinking About NCL

Huddler

We are frequent cruisers having sailed on Cunard, Oceania, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, Disney, etc. Let me say first that we have NEVER had a bad cruise. We love to cruise!! I think all the various lines have their niche and all have to do a good job or else they wouldnt be in business. That said we have never been on NCL. But with the announcement today of the agreement between Nickolodean and NCL, we are seriously considering taking the Epic this summer. I had already promised my kids, age 8 and 6, that we would go on the Nick cruise this summer. Last year it was on RCCL and just assumed it would be on them again this year until I saw the annoucement today that Nickolodean characters will be on the NCL epic.

I went out to the NCL website and was blown away by the pics of the Epic! it really looks like a different type ship. Seriously impressed by the Epic and am thinking about booking a cruise for the end of July. Anyone else booked on Epic yet? Your thoughts on Epic and the Nickolodean being part of this ships kids entertainment? How will I like NCL? My wife and I are mid 40's and take at least 1 cruise per year, sometimes 2. How is the kids program on NCL and how does it compare to other lines? Thanks for your help!

If you've never had a bad cruise on all of the lines you've sailed, then why not book the Epic? :D You seem to like variety so you have probably seen that every line has something unique to offer. I think the freestyle concept would be great to experience...hence why I booked!

From everything I've read NCL has a very competitive kids program, so that should be fine.

I'm extremely excited about the Epic (even though I'm not booked on it yet), no other ship has the sort of entertainment as there is on Epic, I truly believe NCL has a huge winner on their hands. They just need to get the news out to people who never consider cruising or NCL before.

Have a fun trip!

Archived