Menues on Pearl

lauracruises

I wanted to know the same thing....I have read that Indigo's menu is contemporary and Summer Palace traditional. So I'm a little confused?? :confused: I'm hoping they are the same, because we plan on probably just eating in Indigo because they have a more relaxed dress code.

All the food?:rolleyes:

I'll be on the Pearl next month and somehow I think I'll find something on the menu to satisfy me.

This was our first NCL experience. Other than the food in the MDR , we really enjoyed the experience. Very well organized and very friendly staff, including officers.

We spent most nights in the specialty restaurants. We checked the menu for the MDR every night and most nights there was nothing that was really appealing. We ate in the MDR twice, first night and last and the food was mediocre at best. One night we ended up at the small restaurant above the lobby(soory, I forget the name) and had chicken wings. We have been on Princess, RCCL and Carnival and the food in the MDR was, IMHO, the worst by far. We did meet the head of the hotel and did pass on our comments to him.

BTW, we ate in the Italian restaurant one night, and for the upcharge the food was no better than what we have had in the MDR , without an upcharge on Italian Night on other cruiselines.

In the future if we cruise on NCL in the future we will probably budget to eat in the restaurants most nights. The problem is that unless you are in a certain category you can only book 2 days in advance, so for most nights the prime times were already booked. Our cruise was between Christmas and New Years , so it may be different during other less busy times. I am sure that others with more NCL experience would know better.

Archived