Splendor--Last night

CRUZN-IS-FUN

We are going to the Mexican Riveria on Feb. 14 on our first Carnival cruise. We are trying to pick a night for dinner in the steakhouse and were thinking about the last night (which is also our anniversary). We have two couples in our group who have never cruised before and dont want to miss anything. Does anyone know if they do anything special in the dining room on the last night? On Princess, this was the night of the Baked Alaska Parade. Our dress-up night is actually Night 6. Thanks so much. Just one month to go!!

We are going to the Mexican Riveria on Feb. 14 on our first Carnival cruise. We are trying to pick a night for dinner in the steakhouse and were thinking about the last night (which is also our anniversary). We have two couples in our group who have never cruised before and dont want to miss anything. Does anyone know if they do anything special in the dining room on the last night? On Princess, this was the night of the Baked Alaska Parade. Our dress-up night is actually Night 6. Thanks so much. Just one month to go!!

Well, the last night, the waitstaff sings a farewell song.

We will be on that sailing also. We reserved Pinnacle's for the first night for a special Valentine's dinner. Whatever night you decide, you should reserve as to be assured of getting your reservation. I thought it was great to be able to reserve before getting on board the ship. I just thought there would possibly be a lot of people wanting a reservation for the 14th. Enjoy, I have read a lot of good things about it.

We too considered the first night, but we wanted to be sure we had our clothes and just wanna hang out and become acquainted with the ship. We assumed Valentines Day would be packed. We went ahead and booked the last night. We have heard great things about the steakhouse and are just too excited for February to get here. It was nice to be able to make the reservations in advance. One less thing to take care of and our confirmation email was back very quickly confirming dinner. Have a great time.

The problem with booking the steak house for the last night is the fact that you have to deal with getting your luggage ready, pack and outside your cabin door by a certain time if you are doing assisted debark. We went on a Friday night instead. I wish we would have just eaten in the MDR (on the Conquest) because the food and service was better there. But I guess everyone has their own experience.:) Our's was just not a good one (I got sick) and I wouldn't do it again.

There are 2 formal nights on Splendor/Mexican Riviera (Monday and Friday).

We tried to get reservations for Tuesday but everything was booked except Wed and Sat, so we ended up going on Wednesday and were bummed that we ended up missing filet in MDR that night!

Regardless, the food is amazing in Pinaccle so have a great time and happy anniversary! (You won't be missing much in MDR that night except saying goodbye to your waiters, so be sure to do it on Friday).

we always book mid week so we dont miss formal nights in the MDR and the first and last night since we get to me our waiters and table mates the first and the last so we can say goodbye:(

On our Splendor cruise this past September, we dined at the Pinnacle twice — the second time being the last night of the cruise. I don't know what we missed in the MDR, but ending the cruise with such a wonderful dinner with just the two of us was absolutely PERFECT. We enjoyed it so much, we're going to make it a new tradition.

As far as packing that night is concerned, our dinner reservations were for 7:30P -- and although we planned to pack after dinner, we were actually mostly packed even before we went to dinner — so I don't think that's a big problem.

Archived