Another coffee question (French Press available)?

mbisson

OK-I think most of us are aware that free espresso/cappuccino is a thing of the past on NCL so now I've another question (and please excuse me if it's already been discussed)

We've often had coffee made with a French Press at breakfast (Cagney's). Is this still an option? If so, in the main dining rooms also (often I'm not qualified to eat in Cagney's)?

thanks

-Mongo

Confirming availability of French Press in Le Bistro (no charge) and in The Cafe at a charge of $5.50.

BEST coffee on the cruise. I thought even the lattes were weak. However the Caramel Macchiato rocked!

Thanks Kathy-that's what I wanted to hear.

The french press coffee in Cagneys was something that I looked forward to every day when we were on the Spirit back in August. I drink my coffee black and do not add any sugar. I loved this coffee!

I did see it on the menu at the coffee bar as well.

I bought a french press coffee maker when I got home. I am actually drinking coffee made from it right now. It is too bad the waiter from Cagney's is not here to pour!

I hope that the french press coffee is somewhere to be found when we go on the Pearl in August.

:( Will miss the french press coffee on our cruise on the Dawn coming up. My parents and I looked forward to it at our breakfast at Cagneys on the Pearl last year.

I have a french press at home but can't seem to buy the right coffee for it. I wish I knew what coffee NCL uses for their french press offering.

I read in Consumer Reports that they rated "Eight O Clock Coffee" %100 Columbian as one of the best tasting. We bought a Cuisinart grinder and the Eight O Clock beans for our French press. Grind the beans when you are ready to brew, for freshness. Absolutely delicious.

I read in Consumer Reports that they rated "Eight O Clock Coffee" %100 Columbian as one of the best tasting. We bought a Cuisinart grinder and the Eight O Clock beans for our French press. Grind the beans when you are ready to brew, for freshness. Absolutely delicious.

Thank you. I'll starting shopping for a cuisinart grinder:)

:( Will miss the french press coffee on our cruise on the Dawn coming up. My parents and I looked forward to it at our breakfast at Cagneys on the Pearl last year.

I have a french press at home but can't seem to buy the right coffee for it. I wish I knew what coffee NCL uses for their french press offering.

I still haven't given up hope that it'll be available in Cagney's yet. No current reports on that so far

I still haven't given up hope that it'll be available in Cagney's yet. No current reports on that so far

Just off the Gem. We ordered coffee in every specialty restaurant. Only got the "french press" coffee at Le Bistro and definitely not at Cagney's. Now that's not to say it's not offered at breakfast which we did not attend.

Just off the Gem. We ordered coffee in every specialty restaurant. Only got the "french press" coffee at Le Bistro and definitely not at Cagney's. Now that's not to say it's not offered at breakfast which we did not attend.

Well snazzelfraz! Does this include breakfast at Cagney's? (I'm grasping at straws here LOL)

Monte, we definately had it in Cagney's on the Jewel in December. A couple of times, they brought a cup already poured, but I asked, and was assured it was french press.

Al

We had em on the Pearl end of Nov as well. I just hope they're still available with the changes that were made a couple weeks ago (won't kill me if it's not-but I'll miss it if it's gone)

Well snazzelfraz! Does this include breakfast at Cagney's? (I'm grasping at straws here LOL)

Not sure if it's still offered at breakfast, like I said, we did not go to Cagney's for breakfast...just dinner. Now is it possible that my husband's coffee was from a french press because he did mention how good it was...but it was not brought to the table like it was at Le Bistro.

On the Pearl, first week of December, Cagney's was serving Frech Press at the table during our breakfast. I ordered it on the first day of the cruise, and never needed to ask again the rest of the cruise, it was brought soon after we sat down. I agree, doesn't take much to jolt me into awake mode!!! I couldn't imagine drinking more than 2 cups. Ahhhhh, those were the days, as my Bunn is just not as satisfying. Must have something to do with being on vacation?

I agree that Eight O'Clock Coffee, 100% Columbian is pretty tasty and economical to boot. However, Dunkin Donuts is my all time favorite!

I agree that Eight O'Clock Coffee, 100% Columbian is pretty tasty and economical to boot. However,Dunkin Donuts is my all time favorite!

I was going to mention this but thought many might not be aware of how great "dunkin donuts" coffee is...... my favorite too.

Archived