? For Scubagirl

Joyce From Yardley

Hi,

We will be coming into Nassau via Carnival's Pride on 1/28. We want to take the #12 Jitney ( not #10 ) to head to the area under the bridge. Where do we catch it? Also do you have a specific restaurant that you would recommend for eating conch at that location?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Hi,

We will be coming into Nassau via Carnival's Pride on 1/28. We want to take the #12 Jitney ( not #10 ) to head to the area under the bridge. Where do we catch it? Also do you have a specific restaurant that you would recommend for eating conch at that location?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Jitneys are lined up on Bay Street (one block parallel to the wharf), near the straw market. there are quite a few that go up to the bridges.

(coming back is the trick, since you have to walk 2 blocks south to Shirley street to catch a bus coming back downtown).

As for specific restaurants.. I can't say. Most are NOT open during he daytime. But there will be a few. McKenzies and Burning Spear are two that I recommend, but I don't know if they are open during the day.

Jitneys are lined up on Bay Street (one block parallel to the wharf), near the straw market. there are quite a few that go up to the bridges.

(coming back is the trick, since you have to walk 2 blocks south to Shirley street to catch a bus coming back downtown).

As for specific restaurants.. I can't say. Most are NOT open during he daytime. But there will be a few. McKenzies and Burning Spear are two that I recommend, but I don't know if they are open during the day.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm looking forward to our visit to Nassau. We haven't been there in 20+ years & it will be nice to come back & visit again.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Archived