Luggage storage in Sydney

suey

I think this has been discussed before but I was wondering if anyone can help. We arrive back in Sydney early morning but fly out late at night so need somewhere to leave our luggage so we can sightsee. Usually we spend the day with my brother but this time he will be in Brissie mother sitting. I have considered going to airport first, booking in luggage and then travelling back to city, does anyone have any alternative suggestions? :confused:

The coach interchange at Sydney Central Railway station has bag minding but it can work out expensive...about $10 for large suitcase $5 for small bag. The good news is then you can pick up bags and train it to the airport.

We usually use Murrays Coaches.

http://www.sydney.com.au/lockers-luggage-storage.htm

We used the one above Dimocks!

Its a travel agent but they have a locked storage area,this one was popular as it was almost full.

There may be a problem with storage if you want to collect it after 6pm!

There seems to be a problem with the size of luggage you tend to have getting off a cruise and storing it as it wont fit in lockers.

If you call the Sydney tourist bureau as we did,they recommended the one above dimocks.

Den

The coach interchange at Sydney Central Railway station has bag minding but it can work out expensive...about $10 for large suitcase $5 for small bag. The good news is then you can pick up bags and train it to the airport.

We usually use Murrays Coaches.

According to the Cityrail Website, the cloak room/luggage lockers at Central Station have been permanently closed 'due to security concerns'.

I was looking at this yesterday as I wanted to store luggage there for the day in a couple of weeks time when we're in Sydney for the Ediburgh Military Tattoo.

I would assume so....I have usually been going on the bus as it is the best way to get back to Canberra with cruise shopping:eek:

I dont think they ask. Seems silly doesn't if it is supposedly a security risk upstairs but downstairs is OK. At least the size of the case doesn't matter...in the lockers they did not have much room.

We had the same prob coming in off the Dawn last March, and after asking at the Ibis just down the road from Wharf 8, they told us the Ibis Darling Harbour had luggage lockers. It was a bit of a trek lugging our bags (we could have cabbed it if we wanted to I guess) but we got a couple of lockers for the day at the Ibis Darling Harbour. I can't recall exact $, maybe $10 a locker? There were only a few empties when we got there that filled up fast with a few of us off the ship.... they didn't ask if we were/had been paying guests either....we just went straight to the locker room to the left of the reception desk.

HTH

Archived