"Must have" drink.

fitch7107

I had it on the Spirit last year, it is sweet without a strong alcohol taste. It's like a smoothie.

1 oz creme de bananes

1 oz creme de cacao

1 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

2 scoops vanilla ice cream

Blend six ice cubes with ice-cream in a blender until smooth. Add liqueurs and continue blending, again until smooth. Add more ice-cream if needed (for milk-shake consistency). Pour into a highball glass, and serve.

Ahh I had that in Mexico. They called it a dirty monkey though :)

And they do have Miami Vice's

Friscorays - love your kitty avatar - looks like my kitty, Hudson. Here he is trying to stowaway in my carry on bag!

When we were on the Gem in 2008, I asked for a frozen strawberry margarita at Tequilla bar. The bartender told me they had run out of strawberry mix. I got a plain frozen one instead.

The next night I again asked for strawberry. The bartender nicely reminded me that we had been at sea the last 24 hours - where was he going to get more strawberry mix?!

My husband loves this story :)

IMG00031.jpg.9556a57a6393e033d8ff464da2aeb78b.jpg

When we were on the Gem in 2008, I asked for a frozen strawberry margarita at Tequilla bar. The bartender told me they had run out of strawberry mix. I got a plain frozen one instead.

The next night I again asked for strawberry. The bartender nicely reminded me that we had been at sea the last 24 hours - where was he going to get more strawberry mix?!

My husband loves this story :)

You mean he didn't stop at the store on his way into work the next day to buy some strawberry mix?;)

LOL Very cute story!

Took me 4 days to learn about it, but I found that you could get a 1 liter mug of beer at the Pub for $10. Plus you get to keep the mug!!! Doing the math, that was 3 beers (and good beer) for only $10. It works out cheaper than Coors Light.

What exactly is a yellow bird?

I bet there are lots of different versions - here's the one I make:

Ingredients:

• 1/2 oz Vodka
  • 1/2 oz Galliano liqueur
  • 1 oz Bacardi 151 Rum
  • 4 oz Sweet and Sour mix

•  

Step 1
    Combine the Bacardi 151, Galliano, and Vodka into a shaker, and shake well but not too long.
  • Step 2

Mix the sweet and sour together with a mixer, and then add to the Highball glass with crushed ice.
  • Step 3

Garnish with a Maraschino Cherry and serve.

I looked up the recipe for a yellow bird mixed drink and came up with 2 different recipes-

1oz 151 rum

.5 oz Galliano

.5 oz vodka

4oz sweet n' sour mix

or-

1oz dark rum

1oz white rum

.25 oz Galliano

1.25 oz orange juice

.5 oz lime juice

Haven't had one yet, but I like rum so I'd try it. On our last cruise in May 09' on the Spirit from Boston to Bermuda, we drank Long Island Iced Teas, Suffering Bastards, Pina Coladas, Black Seal Rum with cola and lime, beer, and wine with dinner a couple of times in Le Bistro. We also attended both Martini tastings which are fun, informative, and a good deal I thought as we pretty much got 5 nearly full size martinis for $15 each time.

Archived