Recent Destiny Cruisers

CRUISEMAMMA

Debating on the Destiny for July. Input from anyone who has recently sailed her would be appreciated. Seems like the reviews I have seen have not been good but like the itenerary and have had 3 awsome cruise with Carnival on the Imagination and Sensation. Can't be that bad right? Thanks again :)

I was on the Destiny for Halloween and will be again for the Superbowl. I just signed my police partner & his wife for his 1st cruise on the Destiny 5 day eastern. I was on the 5 day last May as well.

The Destiny is showing her age, but the crew and staff were very friendly & helpful. The cabins are standard CCL fare. I thought the food was nothing more than standard. I love the 2 itineraries. Both visit friendly active ports. The piano bar was good, the comedy was excellent, the Aft Lido bar was my place to hang (food & beverage, no kids...). I'm not one for the shows and the cruise directors. Seems that they all love to hear themselves over the intercom. The excursions are typical CCL fun. We (2 couples) rented a cabana in Half Moon and had a blast.

Would I recommend the Destiny over any other (older) CCL? Probably not. I've had great times on all the ones I've been on. Mostly it's what you make of it yourself. The ship is sea worthy, the staff divine.

dk

Thanks for the imput. We have sailed the Imagination in 1992 and 1994 and Sensation this past June. Any larger boat will probably be newer, but that is not really any issue. We had a great time on each cruise. Honestly, aside from something tragic, I cant imagine not enjoying any cruise we take. It must be, that all the bad reviews that seem to be on here lately(about various boats) makes me question What I know. That is that we love to cruise and will probably be satisfied with just about any boat we choose. I guess all I needed was that one good recent experience to boost my excitement back up. So Thank You for that.:D

Archived