spirit 3/27/05 need advice from recent cruisers

lovemylife

Hi, we are on the spirit's 5 day 3/27. My husband and I, our two kids ages 6&9, and my 74 year old mother. Mom and the kids don't drink pop, has anyone brought on bottled water or something like canned lemonade? Do you put it in your carryon or just pack it in checked luggage?

Also when we're on beach vacations, my kids tend to get a rash if they're in salt water too long...Is there any kind of a shower near the pool or do you have to go back to your room?

My last question is about shore excursions. Reviews on diving sites say Roatan beaches have sand flies and mosquitos, as Mom and the kids don't snorkel, if they'd be miserable on the beach they would just stay on the ship and enjoy the amenities??

We've found loads of great advice on this site, thanks for being so helpful to the "new guys"!!!

maryb

ps. It sounds like 1:00 is a good to to try to board in Miami????

You can bring on as much water, juices, etc. you want. I usually don't pack them but rather pick them up near the port and bring them as carryon bags.

There is a shower near the pool.

I don't know about most Roatan beaches (I've heard the same thing), but we did the Fantasy Island excursion and had no bites of any sort. I'm not sure if they do something to get rid of them. We opted for the Fantasy Island because we heard Tabyana is PACKED. There were only 12 people on the Fantasy Island excursion - and the resort is small (but has a big beach) so it was fantastic. I highly recommend it if you don't like crowds and want a beautiful place to relax and swim.

I think 1pm is a bit too early. I would aim for 2pm if you don't want to have to stand and wait for a while. I got there at 2:20 ish and there was a line of about 300 people but they didn't open the doors and start letting people in until about 10 minutes after we arrived. We knew people who got there at 3 and the line was gone....so once they get the line going, it moves well and everyone gets onboard quickly.

Hi, we are on the spirit's 5 day 3/27. My husband and I, our two kids ages 6&9, and my 74 year old mother. Mom and the kids don't drink pop, has anyone brought on bottled water or something like canned lemonade? Do you put it in your carryon or just pack it in checked luggage?

I got the GREATEST stuff yesterday at the supermarket. Crystal Light now makes SINGLE serve packets! You just open a packet and add it to a bottle of water! They had ice tea, lemonade and a rasberry flavor. 10 servings to a box. I bought pretty much all they had on the shelves! LOL! I plan on bringing some bottled waters and just refilling them with the ship's water when that runs out. I think this will be great for my kids, who don't drink soda and it's sugar free! AND it takes up like no space in the luggage! :)

Archived