cabins on the destiny ship first cruise

This is our first cruise and we prebooked cabin 2148. I wonder could anybody give an idea of what this cabin is like as the are 3 of us going on this ship in July2010. I am thinking of upgrading to a deluxe cabin but they are pricey and have read that the standard cabins are very small. I wonder if upgrading would be worth the extra money, as there is 2 adults and one child of 16 years.I would be grateful if anybody could provide me with some information. thank you:)

We shared a standard 3-berth cabin last December with my mother-in-law. There are two single beds either side of the cabin and a bunk above one of them. The 3-berths have more wardrobe space than the 2-berths (my mum and dad were next door so we could compare). The cabins are not large but with a bit of give and take we were fine.

When we were getting ready for dinner, I had the dressing table with its mirror, mum-in-law had the bedside table with her own portable mirror and Paul had a nap on the bunk and kept out of the way!

We had a look at a deluxe cabin and yes it was lovely, a bed settee instead of a bunk and a bathroom instead of just a shower but it was a lot more money that could go towards your on-board account for your drinks, excursions, hairdresser, photos, shop, etc .

If you stick with the standard cabin for your first cruise, go and have a look at the deluxe ones on your last day when they are changing over for the new passengers coming on, no-one will mind, we asked Lisa the social hostess and she told us to do this. Then you'll know for next time!

Carol x

Hi Carol thank you for this information I wonder where you on deck 3 or deck 2 as I have read some reviews about the destiny saying that deck 2 could be noisey as regards to the ships engines. Also did you enjoy your cruise experience on the destiny. Thank you.sheltee

Hi

I think there are some cabins on Destiny that are noisy. I recall seeing them on this site but can not remember the numbers.

We were on the Destiny deck 4 and there was no noise at all.

I was at reception one day and somebody was complaining that their cabin was noisy.

Yes the cabins are small but upgraded cabins I am told are not that much bigger.

Go with knowledge that the cabin will be small and you will be ok.

We were new to cruising and went on the Destiny last year. It was fantastic, everything top draw.

Have a great time.

We were on deck 3 outside, these have a square window as opposed to a porthole which deck 2 have.

There will be more engine noise in cabins towards the stern, but we were at the bow and could hear the anchor being dropped when we docked each morning. Quite exciting as it means you have arrived at your new destination for the day! You need to bear in mind you are on a moving ship on the sea, not in a hotel on land so there will be some degree of movement and noise. It will be a new experience, though not necessarily an unpleasant one if you accept this. If you think you will be troubled by noise pack some earplugs, I never go anywhere without mine!

We loved Destiny and are booked on her for the New Year to the Caribbean, after Celebration to Greece and Turkey in June.

Carol x

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for your reply as I am tempted to book a deluxe cabin but it will cost 850 euro extra so I am a little bit slow at the moment to upgrade.:)

:eek: You could nearly book another cruise for 2 of you if you did a last minute for that sort of money.

Berwyn

Thank you for your reply as I am tempted to book a deluxe cabin but it will cost 850 euro extra so I am a little bit slow at the moment to upgrade.:)

Thats some amount of money :eek: I would only pay that if I was really ,really sure that they were worth it ,,,, I would rather have another cruise for that money :D

mrs.c

Hi

We came back from 14 days on Destiny last Monday. We had Cabin 2150 which is a 3 berth although there are only 2 of us (got same cabin by luck last year so booked it - with a little difficulty and help from our TA - this year. 2148 is the same. 2 parallel beds with a bunk above one of them. There is then a dressing table and wardrobe down one side and a wardrobe and the bathroom down the other. Size isn't too bad and I don't think that the bunk will be put down until you have gone for your evening meal. 2150 doesn't look too bad at all and we were quite happy with it. If Tanya is still your stewardess you will be very luck as she and her little friend from along the corridor were absolute sweeties!!!! Anyone about to book could use the tip of pre-booking a 3 berth cabin - it does give you a little extra room. Insist and you will eventually get it!! The cabin is just about in the middle of the ship - in fact, exactly where the carpets change colour (denoting fore and aft) and we only felt vibration a couple of times when it was obvious that she had picked up a fair speed. Apart from that, a little gentle sway occasionally was abolutely lovely to lull me off to sleep.

Sandie

We were on deck 3 outside, these have a square window as opposed to a porthole which deck 2 have.

There will be more engine noise in cabins towards the stern, but we were at the bow and could hear the anchor being dropped when we docked each morning. Quite exciting as it means you have arrived at your new destination for the day! You need to bear in mind you are on a moving ship on the sea, not in a hotel on land so there will be some degree of movement and noise. It will be a new experience, though not necessarily an unpleasant one if you accept this. If you think you will be troubled by noise pack some earplugs, I never go anywhere without mine!

We loved Destiny and are booked on her for the New Year to the Caribbean, after Celebration to Greece and Turkey in June.

Carol x

We had the choice of deck 2 or 3 but we chose deck 3 as we was told they had picture windows which was what we wanted,there wasn't much choice of rooms to book but we got one 3022,near the front of the ship...

Does anyone know once you get there do they offer upgrades to deck 4 or 5 and are they cheaper than booking beforehand ?

We are doing the carribean fortnight from East Mids on the 28th on Destiny,our first cruise too.....

Keith...

Archived