I should have remembered this! (Excursion question)

lovebird2010

Hi everyone, my fiancé and I will be traveling on the Carnival Valor come April 4th, and a few months back, we were referred to a website that sold independent excursions for a very inexpensive price, and this company was highly recommended on here. I remember they had a deal where you could buy 3 excursions for $150 I think. Could anyone direct me to that site again? :o Thanks so much!

-Lovebird

Shoretrips is one that is used by a lot of us cruisers. As suggested, though, check out the ports of call boards for those ports. There are a lot of ideas there, and not all are through shoretrips. We are cruising Valor next month, and none of our excursions are booked through that website.

Have fun planning for the ports. You will have a great time!

Anyone know if there are any places that offer this for RCCL tours?

Do you mean where can you find a place for booking just RCCL tours? You just go to the RCCL website for booking your tours through the ship. They are all listed there for your cruise. If you have a cruise registered, you will be able to purchase them through that site.

Excursions are offered through the ships - any of the cruise lines. For the RCCL passenger, you can purchase them in advance through the website or on the ship. They are nearly almost more expensive to book through the ship, but some people feel more comfortable booking with the cruise line.

Shoretrips is offered to any cruise passenger on any line. You book ahead on line. If your ship is detoured or delayed, your money is refunded.

Regardless of whether you book through the cruise line or an on-line excursion company, you will actually be doing the excursion with a local vendor. (Assuming the excursion is not on a private island owned by the cruise line.) Years ago, I booked an excursion in Antigua. It remains one of the best ones I've ever done. After booking it, it became an excursion offered by the cruise line. (It was not offered by the ship at the time I booked it.) Every other person on the excursion was from OUR ship. They had all booked it through the ship at a higher cost.

This taught me that the theory that you were safer to book through the ship because they would hold the ship if your excursion was late in returning isn't always the case. My excursion was a ship's excursion, even thought I didn't book it that way. The ship would not have left without us, no matter what. And I saved money.

If you're willing to do some research in advance, you can get great tours and excursions for less money by booking directly.

Archived