Whats the service been like lately when you call NCL?

CoolCruiser21

We spent 2 nights in September of '03 at the Comfort Suites-Seattle Center on Roy Street before sailing on the Sky. I remember doing a lot of research and price checking before choosing that one. We liked it very much. Easy walking distance to the Needle but a little too far to hike downtown. They did have a shuttle service though, going 'anywhere' 'all the time' which we took the day we spent roaming around Seattle. She drove us to the site we wanted to start at and offered to pick us up somewhere later but since we had no idea of when or where we opted to ride the city bus back which stopped a block from the hotel. The day we sailed they had a shuttles running continuously to the pier(s).

If we ever do another Alaskan cruise, I would stay there again. Good sized rooms with a nice sitting area, and a BIG continental breakfast..the kind where you can even make your own waffles.

I just dug out our receipt (I usually don't save this kind of thing!) and our 2 night TOTAL was $194.56. If I recall, hotels in Seattle are a little on the high-side so that must have been a good deal compared to some others I checked. Also, they were completely booked (lots of other cruisers were staying there too) so whatever hotel you choose, I would book early.

Good Luck!

We live in the UK and booked the September transatlantic cruise on the Jewel in November,after several telephone calls to them to asking for my confirmation letter they said they would email it. I did recieve the confirmation but is was another persons who is on a cruise in March 2006.

Another couple of calls later and i finally recieved my confirmation on Thursday 13th Jan

Just curious what everyone thinks

I find it the old 80/20 rule. 80% of the time it as been very good and even outstanding with people going out of there way to find me an answer or a better solution. A few times I have reached agents that are just not as helpfull or perhaps new or less knowledgeable.

The answer don't try and swim upstream just end the conversation and call back. When you find someone you like get their extension. You can call on another line and enter the extension of the party you want and even leave a voicemail.

I had a postitive (sort of) experience writing to NCL reqarding my Aug Dawn cruise. We purchased six bottles of liquor in the gift shop. When we got home there was only 4 bottles in the box. I was told to put it in writing along with the receipt then send into Miami office. Two months later I recieved a letter telling me that NCL doesn't operate the gift shop and there was nothing they could do. About 2 weeks later I got a call from the company that operates the gift shop telling me to put it in writing with a copy of the reciept and they would refund the money. So after I thought NCL was going to do nothing they did foward the problem to the correct people so that it could be resolved. I just thought it would have been easier if the customer service rep had told me to send it directly to the other company

My experiences have been quite good. Can't say I have ever been disappointed but I do find conflicting answers from various reps from time to time. But then, I can't say that in my own business that multiple answers to the same question might not happen. I don't expect perfection but I do look for someone willing to help, who is courteous and has an outlook that they care.

We are new to cruising and have called NCL twice in the last two weeks, before booking 3/27 on the Spirit. Since we are traveling with kids, at least one adult in our party may end up in the buffet, and we wanted to know if the problems with cold, and or poor, food in Raffles had been corrected.

My first call was shall we say, an unpleasant experience... I don't think this man could have been ruder or more indifferent if he tried. However since my husband travels quite a bit, we know there can often be a bad apple.

My second call, Andrew was very helpful, and said he hadn't heard anything negative about Raffles recently. Made me feel much better.

Whenever, I call NCL they are nice enough but dont know anything. Even the Lattitudes line. And when I did get an answer it was wrong. Once I called about my documents. I called three different times and got three different answers. Sorry I have to give them an "F". Linda

P.S. I used to be a reservations agent......you have to be nice and knowledgable.

We discovered cruising six years ago. In all this time (and five cruises, with number six booked) I'd say we've called NCL 4 times -- customer service twice, and Latitudes twice. Honestly, we've never had a problem with either. Some confusion at times (especially when I called to order a bar setup ;) ) but they've always been very pleasant and helpful. I guess it all depends on who answers the phone, and we've been lucky so far!

For the most part we have had very good service calling lattitude and customer service, especially lattitude. Of course not every agent is knowledgable but they all try to help, or so it appears. I have had a couple of bad experiences, but so have I had bad with other call centers. They aren't exactly paid a top salary.

NMNita

Hazeleyez3: Not that I know of - when I was working out my upgrade situation, I just called Customer service and asked to speak to whoever was handling upgrades for my ship. If memory serves I believe the person I spoke with was Tamara (or possibly Damara) - she was excellent BTW. I was having some problems with communications between my TA, the cruise wholesaler and NCL about which cabins were available for upgrade and she straightened everything out immediately.

For standard questions that fall within the range they typically they deal with, they're fine.

When a major problem came up (I got bumped) they were horrific. Had a CC poster not given me the name and number of a specific supervisor I doubt there would have been any resolution.

The horror continued at check-in, another communication issue (denied boarding for over an hour due to a misunderstanding on NCL's part about my work visa, a problem I'd never encountered on 6 previous cruises with RCCL and Carnival.) And finally, when the shore supervisor said the hotel manager would contact me after I told them how upset I was (you have someone tell you they won't let you board and then have you sit on a window ledge for over an hour before someone talks to you, see how you do) I was never contacted.

As a result I no longer cruise NCL and I caution friends away from them.

We sailed the Sky in March 03 and to this day the promises that NCL gave us in writing are non existent. To make a long story short, some of the NCL shore excursions turned out not what they where suppose to be. We also had been charged for a 2yr old that didn't participate or take up a seat[we had been told when we booked that the 2 yr old wouldn't be charged]. NCL told us that they would issue a refund, 1 1/2 yrs later still nothing. NCL also stated in their letter "as a gesture of goodwill, please let us know the next time you cruise with us, so we may arrange amenities for your enjoyment". We are sailing with NCL Feb.18 on the Spirit. When I contacted NCL about our sailing and the promise of the ameneties, NCL offered us a basket of fresh fruit or fruit and cheese plate in our stateroom upon enbarkment. I'm sort of disappointed. I looked up amenities in the dictionary and no reference to food was mentioned, besides I can order all the fruit and cheese that I want from room service. I think it's kind of silly that the amenities are food and food was not the issue with our last cruise with NCL. What I think would be acceptable would be a free shore excursion or a reduction on our shore excursions. There were 8 of us on the March 03 sailing and we are all sailing with NCL again in Feb. plus 1. We also have a wedding booked on this cruise. Why did we book with NCL again? Basically because of the itinerary and the 9 days. And NCL as far as the cruising goes isn't all that bad - better than Carnival. Plus we have the NCL credit card.

chatisfaction

To be honest once our pionts from the mbna cards are used up we will look into other cruises and no doubt go back to Princess. Our cruise [Feb. 05] was paid for before I contacted NCL about the failed promises. I don't have the patience to deal with NCL reps, they made me feel like some sort of I don't know what. At first the NCL rep accused me of trying to get a double refund that I was promised. When NCL called back to tell me that indeed it was not credited NCL did not even apologize. I originally spoke with Holly at ext.4724 she couldn't bother to call me back but had some other girl call me. We have respect for the NCL crew they treat us well, but NCL rep service is degrading and they will lose us as customers. Im not play games with NCL.

"Our cruise [Feb. 05] was paid for before I contacted NCL about the failed promises. "

hsc

Now it makes a bit more sense to me. I couldn't fiqure out why you would give more business to a company that would treat you so poorly.:confused: If the trip was already past final payment I understand.

• 2 weeks later...

I just placed a call to NCL for the very first time. I always go through a TA so I have never had reason to call them. All the other info I need I get from these boards!

Anyway, I was perusing the NCL specials and saw that the POA's had a special for $299 per person:eek: Heck yeah--I'm going!!!!!!!!!Well, I called NCL and without even calling me stupid she explained that that was the 3rd and 4th person rates. duh. I felt like a total moron. So much for Hawaii.

I did mention to her that I have a cruise booked in March and she asked if I wanted her to check the rates to see if they had gone down and she could do a price adjustment. WOW! When she realized I went through a TA she couldn't help me but advised me to call them, just in case. I thanked her for her help and she ended with "it was my pleasure"

I was very happy with this call--except that I can't go to Hawaii for $299:(

An interesting question... our experience has been mostly good. As long as the representatives are trying, we can generally tolerate the lack of exceptionally good service. Trying to please and a good attitude are improtant to us.

When booking our POA cruise for last July we received excellent service form a representive named Pandora. She noticed something in the original reservation that was overlooked when pricing was applied for a particular catagory and made the correction after discussing it with her manager. All this without any requests from us. We didn't even know about the error. This reduced the overall price by a few hundred dollars. (There were 18 of us on a reunion cruise.)

We sent a letter to management commending her for her exceptional service. I find that one way to get good service is to let management know about those who are providing the good service so that they can be recognized and encouraged to do more of the same.

We've had our share "not-so-good" service also, but you know, as long as they are trying to do a good job, that's really about all we can ask. It's when poor service is brought to the attention of management and it is ignored, that's not good. If I receive exceptionally poor service, I will generally write to management so they can make adjustments. Through this type of activity, hopefully we are helping to improve a companies customer service and making the levels of service better for future customers.

Archived