Millenium - Celebrity and Royal Suites for Alaska

t-bonz

Hello! DH and I are booked in a Royal Suite (Cabin 6141) for a Southbound Alaska cruise in May.

In reviewing the cabins, the Celebrity Suite looks fabulous, however the major difference between the Celeb and Royal suites is the Celeb suite has floor to ceiling windows (no veranda) and the Royal has a veranda with jacuzzi tub. I debated which suite to book, and decided on the Royal based on having a veranda. For an Alaska cruise, I thought access to a veranda would be an advantage so we may enjoy the view privately (in addition of course to the public areas).

Is there an advantage staying in a Celeb suite with the floor to ceiling windows versus the Royal with a veranda? While we're booked in the Royal I thought to seek feedback from fellow cruisers to see if there are advantages to the Celeb suite I may be overlooking. I appreciate your feedback. :)

Is there an advantage staying in a Celeb suite with the floor to ceiling windows versus the Royal with a veranda?

We loved the Celebrity Suite in Alaska for the great views and controlled temperature. Other places we always have a veranda.

Hello! DH and I are booked in a Royal Suite (Cabin 6141) for a Southbound Alaska cruise in May.

In reviewing the cabins, the Celebrity Suite looks fabulous, however the major difference between the Celeb and Royal suites is the Celeb suite has floor to ceiling windows (no veranda) and the Royal has a veranda with jacuzzi tub. I debated which suite to book, and decided on the Royal based on having a veranda. For an Alaska cruise, I thought access to a veranda would be an advantage so we may enjoy the view privately (in addition of course to the public areas).

Is there an advantage staying in a Celeb suite with the floor to ceiling windows versus the Royal with a veranda? While we're booked in the Royal I thought to seek feedback from fellow cruisers to see if there are advantages to the Celeb suite I may be overlooking. I appreciate your feedback. :)

I too would be interested in others' opinions of a Celebrity Suite on a Southbound Alaska cruise (from a scenery standpoint). Obviously scenery will be on both sides in the Inside Passage, but north of the Passage, are you pretty much just seeing water?

We also had the Celebrity Suite; what was wonderful (and could not have been done anywhere else) was to sit in the window area late in the evening sipping a nightcap whilst watching the most amazing sunsets and light all around, both forward and back - it was beautiful. We have had both types of suite and agree what others say, unless you expect to be lying out on the balcony a lot, the CS is the best bet.

Another advantage of the CS in Alaska is that the bedroom is inside, so if you are disturbed by the light as you sleep, you avoid that. We did find in the RS on our Hawaii cruise that we had trouble sleeping as there were so many ways light could creep into the room from outside

A

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since you asked your question, but I thought you might still be interested. We were in the CS on an Alaska southbound. It was fabulous...tons of room and very comfortable. Our friends were in a CC cabin so they had a balcony which they did not use very much, especially at night, because of the cool temperatures. After a day of touring and lots of walking in the cold, it was wonderful to come back to the suite, warm up in the shower and snuggle up in the warm robe, have a glass of wine and watch the beautiful views. I was worried that we would miss the balcony, but we didn't miss it for a minute. We're doing a Mediterranian cruise on the Equinox in May, and have booked the RS for that...think we will enjoy the balcony there.

Archived