DS is sick and I can't leave today, have I lost all of my $?

badgebunny

HELP...My son woke up really sick 4 hrs before we were to leave for the airport for our cruise on the Fantasy. He wasn't going anyway but he is only 13 mo. old and we couldn't just leave him like that. We have the vacation insurance but I'm not sure if it will help us in this case. Has anyone else had a similar situation? I just wanted to know before I tried to contact Carnival.

Thanks,

Amy

Most of the insurances cover if immediate family get's ill if they are going or not I think he would qualify! You will need his doctor to sign a medical report for them I am pretty sure they will want proof. Check your policy and call them so they can send you the forms. Good luck! Sorry about your little guy hope he gets better quickly.

Oh and contact Carnival too if you made your reservations with them if you used a TA you have to jump through their cancelation hoops. Carnival won't even take a cancelation from you if you didn't book directly with them.

as long as you can document it. We used to buy cruise insurance only during hurricane season, but since we both now have elderly parents, we buy it every trip. We always check with the company on the specific question of are we covered if a non-traveling family member gets ill! Sorry about your trip. Take care of the little guy!

Karen

Sorry about your trip, there will be others!! Anyway hope he is alright! You will have no problem, get a physician's note ASAP and contact Carnival. They will take care of you without issue. My parents cruised with Carnival about 10 years ago and one of the group the were traveling with went through this and there were no issues.

Thanks everybody! Travel insurance is the best! We talked to our TA on Monday and we will have a refund within 3 weeks and can rebook our airfare later. The little guy is doing somewhat better but still needs a few more days of TLC.

Thanks,

Amy

Glad it worked out for you, glad he is better and glad you took the insurence. Just another reason to spend those extra bucks. There was a time when you could cry on the shouder of your TA and sometimes get the cruise lines to give you a rebate or cetificate for another cruise but not so much anymore. Most of the lines stand pretty firm: No insurence, so well, toooooooooo baaaad. I really can't say I blame them.

NMNita

Archived