Wandering drunks

Mikayla's Mom

I've been on 3 CCL Cruises And 2 P. Cruises. I've seen more drunks on the P. cruises than CCL. These were 6-8 day cruises not the short 3,4 or 5 day ones.

& i've seen the sloppiest drunks aboard DCL ships (rank amatuers trying to hang with the big dogs me thinks:rolleyes:)

will say the loudest group of drunks were those who stumbled off one of the big party boats in Cozumel (we could hear them before we saw them lol) they ate their lunch @ the resort we were visiting for the day then flopped on the beach & slept until it was time for them to leave:p

my thoughts when having kids aboard with you, keep early hours and move to another area of the ship if you think the atmosphere is too 'adult' for your youngins

I've been reading posts over in Carnival's forums and it sure does seem like there are a lot of folks who like their DOD, monkeyheads, and sneaking booze onboard. My husband and I don't drink but we don't begrudge anyone an after dinner cocktail but some of these folks sound like they are doing serious damage to their liver and brain cells.

(Just my humble and non-alcoholic opinion)

So what if people like a drink? So what if people like three drinks? You *do* realize that there is a difference between having a drink, binge drinking, and alcoholism, correct? I would hope any adult with the least bit of sense would understand that. You might not begrudge anyone a drink, but you sure do seem to judge them.

One thing I have learned from cc is about 99% of you people are frickin' funny!

The other is there seems to be a "deadhead" cruise mantality. I imagine I will get the secret handshake and backstage pass after my first return to port.

Just keep this under your hat ..you didn't hear it from me.

Once you are spotted at the pier by others in the "top 99%" lets just put it that way. You will be taken aside and explained the rules and regs.

You will then be given the supplies needed to drive the "deadheads' crazy.

After the decline of horse racing, shuffleboard, and skeet shooting , this has become the fun cruisers favorite on board activity.

You will be provided with

A) a rum runner full of moonshine

B) a lovely wardrobe of comfy casual clothes to wear on formal night

C)a beautifully handpainted sign saying "reserved" to put on the deck chair of your choice

D) and a beautifully gift wrapped box of expensive cuban cigars to enjoy on your balcony

Its just our little way of saying 'You're one of us and welcome aboard"

:) :) ENJOY YOUR CRUISE :)

So what if people like a drink? So what if people like three drinks? You *do* realize that there is a difference between having a drink, binge drinking, and alcoholism, correct? I would hope any adult with the least bit of sense would understand that. You might not begrudge anyone a drink, but you sure do seem to judge them.

Dean Martin used to say :

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning that's as good as they are gonna feel all day." *LOL :)

Dean Martin used to say :

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning that's as good as they are gonna feel all day." *LOL :)

I'm reminded of a former table mate. I was cruising with my folks and sister and we were seated with four girls who were just a bit younger than I. I showed up for dinner "genteely drunk", as we like to put it -- just a bit toasty but not obnoxious or incoherent -- fun drunk, if you will. My sister and I proceeded to order another round. The youngest and most self-righteous of our tablemates gave me that face people get when they've just smelt a turd. I ignored it. We ordered apperitiffs at desert and my young friend had the nerve to ask me if I thought I had a drinking problem. My father laughed at her said, "Her only problem is two hands and one mouth." My young friend countered that she thought it was embarrassing that my parents supported my drinking problem. My father gave her the fish eye and informed her that as a recovering alcoholic of over thirty years, he was pretty sure he was in a better position to judge that than her. Shut her right up.

Once I looked like a wondering drunk...but it was only because I was foolish enough to think I could walk in brand new 4" heels on elegant night. Those heels were about 3-3/4" higher than anything I normally wear...grace was not a word used to describe me that night. And unfortunately alcohol had nothing to do with it.

I'm reminded of a former table mate. I was cruising with my folks and sister and we were seated with four girls who were just a bit younger than I. I showed up for dinner "genteely drunk", as we like to put it -- just a bit toasty but not obnoxious or incoherent -- fun drunk, if you will. My sister and I proceeded to order another round. The youngest and most self-righteous of our tablemates gave me that face people get when they've just smelt a turd. I ignored it. We ordered apperitiffs at desert and my young friend had the nerve to ask me if I thought I had a drinking problem. My father laughed at her said, "Her only problem is two hands and one mouth." My young friend countered that she thought it was embarrassing that my parents supported my drinking problem. My father gave her the fish eye and informed her that as a recovering alcoholic of over thirty years, he was pretty sure he was in a better position to judge that than her. Shut her right up.

Good for your dad :)

Sometimes these self rightous need to be told right off.

My gang and I get the same way , fun drunk. silly giggley. Sometimes known to get up on teh dance floor and do some steps that haven't been invented yet ?

The worst it might get is kareoke (RUN!!!! *LOL*)

We were out one night having a grand time and someone said to me "I think your friend Eddie has a serious problem with alcohol."

I said "he sure does ...the cheap bastard doesn't buy a round all night."

Just keep this under your hat ..you didn't hear it from me.

Once you are spotted at the pier by others in the "top 99%" lets just put it that way. You will be taken aside and explained the rules and regs.

You will then be given the supplies needed to drive the "deadheads' crazy.

After the decline of horse racing, shuffleboard, and skeet shooting , this has become the fun cruisers favorite on board activity.

You will be provided with

C)a beautifully handpainted sign saying "reserved" to put on the deck chair of your choice

D) and a beautifully gift wrapped box of expensive cuban cigars to enjoy on your balcony

Its just our little way of saying 'You're one of us and welcome aboard"

:) :) ENJOY YOUR CRUISE :)

Heehee- I will make sure I keep it quiet. ;)

I have a tendency to get wrapped up in stuff so I can tell you I am well on my way to joining the ranks.

- I just have to come up with more vacation days and money! :(

We are traveling with younger kids and this is our first cruise. I was wondering about the prevalance of wandering drunks. Are we looking at a boat full of Girs gone wild-spring break craziness? I just didn't know what to expect and prepare her for' date=' she has never been exposed to anything like that.

Thanks![/quote']

Most of the drunks I have seen were puking.

I hope I am a wandering drunk, but my hubby will keep me in line and I will stay away from your kids..

Seanzie, you are on the same cruise as me (i've also seen you in the roll call room) and from one military member to another I totally understand the no drinking for X months. I'll buy you a drink if I see you around

/laughing on the inside b/c I am drinking a beer as I'm reading this post.

We are traveling with younger kids and this is our first cruise. I was wondering about the prevalance of wandering drunks. Are we looking at a boat full of Girs gone wild-spring break craziness? I just didn't know what to expect and prepare her for' date=' she has never been exposed to anything like that.

Thanks![/quote']

People asking questions like this always amaze me. Will there be a lot of kids on my cruise? Will I have bad weather on my cruise? Will the seas be rough for my cruise? No one knows for sure what you will see or what the weather will be, or how many kids will be on board. Every cruise is a new and different experience. Your on vacation just relax enjoy and take in the whole experience. I'm sure if you encounter a problem you will deal with it the same way you would at any other time in life.

:D :D RESERVED SIGN & casual clothes :D :D

ROFLMAO-- I'm glad i had just finished my coffee or it would be all over the comp.

Archived