Azamara Neophyte

bphman

We're new to Azamara but are Select Captain's Club with Celebrity. We've booked the Quest Athens to Istanbul in July. Our tastes have changed dramatically and we prefer the smaller size of the Quest. Having been on the behemoths, we're looking for something more intimate and are desperately wanting to avoid lines and crowds.

We loved Celebrity but haven't sailed with them for 8 years. We loved the food on the old Celebrity. My concern is that we recently returned from the Equinox and were greatly disappointed with the food shipwide. I am hoping that Azamara is not going to be a mini version of Celebrity and that the push to go upscale is real. I know that the program hasn't fully rolled out yet but I was interested in what the Quest is like now. The CC reviews seem to be all over the place and they're not very recent. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

We're new to Azamara but are Select Captain's Club with Celebrity. We've booked the Quest Athens to Istanbul in July. Our tastes have changed dramatically and we prefer the smaller size of the Quest. Having been on the behemoths, we're looking for something more intimate and are desperately wanting to avoid lines and crowds.

We loved Celebrity but haven't sailed with them for 8 years. We loved the food on the old Celebrity. My concern is that we recently returned from the Equinox and were greatly disappointed with the food shipwide. I am hoping that Azamara is not going to be a mini version of Celebrity and that the push to go upscale is real. I know that the program hasn't fully rolled out yet but I was interested in what the Quest is like now. The CC reviews seem to be all over the place and they're not very recent. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Our 8th trip on Az.....We feel food much better[just returned from Celeb cruise and was disappointed with food]. Specialty restaurants on Az are great. Try Breezas for really good informal dining.

how recent you want but we were on the Journey in March of '09 and thought they served the best food we had ever had on the "sea".

We have sailed on Princess, Cunard, NCL, RCCL, HAL, Carnival and are Elite on Celebrity. I do believe that each ship, each sailing can be different. And food is in the "mouth" of each of us...

That being said...I don't think you will be disappointed..and hope you have a wonderful sail...no matter which line you choose! LuAnn (but I would try AZ....I think you will love it) ;)

Our 8th trip on Az.....We feel food much better[just returned from Celeb cruise and was disappointed with food]. Specialty restaurants on Az are great. Try Breezas for really good informal dining.

I have seen Breezas mentioned in a few posts and wonder what it is. The Azamara website doesn't mention it. According to them the casual dining venues are the Windows Cafe (buffet), Pool Grille and Cova Cafe but nowhere can I find mention of Breezas. Can you tell me where that is on the ship?

The CC reviews seem to be all over the place and they're not very recent. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

There are four very recent (last cruise) Quest reviews on the main CC site. Just go to Member Reviews and choose Azamara Quest. They are all pretty extensive about the ship as well as their cruise.

I have seen Breezas mentioned in a few posts and wonder what it is. The Azamara website doesn't mention it. According to them the casual dining venues are the Windows Cafe (buffet), Pool Grille and Cova Cafe but nowhere can I find mention of Breezas. Can you tell me where that is on the ship?

Although I don't understand the logic of it, Azamara renames the Windows Cafe "Breezas" at night. It confuses lots of people. Perhaps the new

Azamara Club Cruises marketing plan will address this.

Thanks for the replies. Surus, thanks but we're on the July 24th cruise. I didn't want to leave the impression that we're very picky but we enjoy good food on our cruises and, since we were so disappointed with the Equinox, we were concerned. I am sure Azamara will be a different experience. We enjoy dining with others (hope our tablemates feel the same after meeting us) and we now prefer smaller ships where we can meet people. We definitely ascribe to the "glass is half full" philosophy. Can't wait.

Although I don't understand the logic of it, Azamara renames the Windows Cafe "Breezas" at night. It confuses lots of people. Perhaps the new

Azamara Club Cruises marketing plan will address this.

Princess' does this too...

after being on the Pacific Princess for many weeks....

and it being the same ship as AZ I thought I knew the ship

inside and out!

Then I read about a dinner venue in the Princess Patter...

I kept thinking where is this place and how could I have missed it???

Turns out they take a little section of the Buffett and make it fancy at night...rope it off from the other buffett seating, put out tableclothes wine glasses etc.

Archived