Fall Foilage on Whisper 9/24

south seas sue

I am hoping I can get some feedback about the likelihood of rough seas on this cruise, which leaves Montreal and docks in NY, visiting Quebec,Boston,Bar Harbor, Newport and Nova Scotia ports. I love the itinerary, and we are hoping for lots of fall foilage, but I am always concerned about the possibility of becoming seasick. Our alternative is to take a Tauck bus tour which leaves from Montreal, visits Quebec, Ottawa and Toronto and includes a stop in Niagara Falls. Same length of time.. Advantages in each. I noted that in the past, SS has used the Wind for this cruise.

Do any of you have experience taking this cruise in the Fall?

Thanks for your feedback.

Glenda

We have been on two fall trips to Canada-New England. This last trip in October it was very rough when we left New York. We skipped Newport RI due to bad weather. After that it was smooth the rest of the way and the weather was great. Two years ago we had smooth sailing and great weather the whole cruise.

We did Montreal to New York on the WInd in October last year. Lots of rough sea from Halifax to Boston and from Boston to Cape Cod Channel. We've had an eight hour delay arriving in New York because we could not cross the Channel at the expected time due to the rough sea. So be prepared. It is a wonderful cruise anyway. When we did it in 2000 we had wonderful weather and no rough sea at all. But also because of the scenery, we had not really Indian Summer this year. Bad weather and not too many colors. Hope you will have more luck.

Archived