What do pre-paid gratuities include?

We booked a cruise and chose to have pre-paid gratuities. What services are included for pre-paid gratuities? Are we still going to be charged a 15% service fee when we order drinks at the bar?

It will cover your wait staff an cabin steward. The 15% will still be added for all bar service.

It will cover your wait staff an cabin steward. The 15% will still be added for all bar service.

I'm not sure how they could magically know how many bar drinks you are going to order, before you even leave. Bar tips are added at time of purchase, as usual.

...so where did I see somewhere that RCI has eliminated the automatic 15 per cent added on drink orders on ...is it maybe the European cruises...I saw some references to that..

????

Mitch

On the last day of the cruise your cabin steward will leave vouchers for the Waiter, asst waiter, head waiter and cabin steward on your bed together with the necessary envelopes. You can then present them to staff as necessary.

Any services purchased on board such as drinks or Spa treatments will attract a service charge in the normal way.

Room service is free of charge most of the time though many choose to give a nominal cash tip. Late at night / early morning (around 12.00 midnight to 5.00am from memory but I stand to be corrected) the is a mandatory $3.95 tip added to your sea pass account.

Finally there is a "service charge" of $20 per person to use the specialty restaurants such as Chops or Portofinos. $4.95 to use Johnny Rockets.

I hope that answers your question.

H.

Archived