Who's the CD on the Dawn ?

AlainBob

Would he be Billy Hygate ?

If so, I'd love to see him again ! He was the CD on our Sea Princess cruise in 2000. He was so funny !

BTW, how was your cruise ? With all the negative thread we can see about the Dawn, I'd like to know ...

Alain R.

The cruise was wonderful. The seas and weather were crazy, but a vacation is what you make of it. The staff and food were wonderful. There still is a weird smell sometimes but it is not consistent. We splurged this time and had an aft mini that was incredible. I could have spent the whole cruise in that cabin and balcony. There was a ton of motion back there, but as I said the waves were huge and it was very windy the whole trip. I slept like a baby with the motion. Did not see any of the shows but I heard they were good, especially the crew talent night. People said that was hilarious. The one change I did notice was that now Princess is reporting any larger jackpots to the IRS, so you have to claim it now(not that I had that problem). I would not believe all you read about the negatives for this ship because it was a great cruise and ship. :)

Cruiselifer.. . .which cabin did you have? We have c747 for the Panama Canal Cruise on the Dawn at the end of April and would love to hear what you loved about the aft mini. This will be our first category higher than balcony and I know it's going to be hard to go back.

That is the cabin we had. I would book it again in a minute. If you want to give me your email address I would be happy to send you some pictures. The only drawback to the cabin is that when they use the thrusters it makes a really loud sound and the whole cabin shakes. It does not last that long and to me it was a very small price to pay for what an outstanding cabin it was. I would lose myself sitting on the lounger on the balcony reading. We spent a good deal of time in the cabin. I really can not say enough about it. There was tons of storage space, even to keep our dirty clothes in. It does not have a seperate shower like the AC's have, just the bathtub, but I did not see that as a drawback. The toliet and sink had a door seperating it from the bathroom. I think you will be very pleased with your choice. You can email me at susanwpds@yahoo.com for any more information or for the pictures.

His name is Billy London and yes he is from England.

His assistant directors were Andre and Stephen from Liverpool in England (my home town).

Also there was Stephens girlfriend Rachel (a little small lady from Australia) who were both extremely good fun.

If they are on when you are don't miss Murray the magician and the juggler (i forget his name), also the comedian was extremely good.

I found the entertainment to be particularly good, I was expecting it to be somewhat cheesy, which some parts were, but overall we were extremely impressed.

If you do meet Stephen or Rachel, please say that Claire and Vinny from Liverpool both say hello!!

• 2 weeks later...

cruiselifers, thanks so much for the information. I forgot where I posted my question to you and just found it today. That's what I get for spending too much time on these boards. I would love to see some pictures of the cabin if your offer still stands. If you wouldn't mind, please send them to cortona8 @ comcast. net (leave out the spaces). It sounds like I made a good choice.

We were on the Dawn Jan. 19th sailing. We did stop at Isla Margarita. We took a tour of the island, but it was quite boaring. There is a real nice beech right next to dock, which looked like a better choice.

The CD was Billy London. Of our 11 cruises we found him to be the worst CD. He has absolutely now personality. Don't know how he got to be a CD. Many of our other cruises, the CD's played an important and entertaining part. He was quite a dissapointment. Dispite that, we did have a wonderfull time on the Dawn.

Hi Alain:

Great to hear from you again - sorry for taking so long to respond but life at sea is always busy and the days fly by .........

From what I can piece together your CD will be Billy London - although I do not know him personally I hear great things about him.

As I always say though - are rotations can change (and usually do) on a moments notice ..... if I hear of any changes I'll drop you a note on your email.

All the best!

Rich

Archived