Just got off the Voyager....

I thought the room size was nice and adequate. It felt a little bit smaller than my last two rooms on the Carnival Ecstasy (although one was a handicap and neither one of them had a sitting area so of course it seemed larger). The storage was really great in the cabin. The one thing that I missed from our first RCCL cruise (atleast I think it was the RCCL cruise) was the extra drawers (which I believe were under the couch). There are not really any "large drawers", just the drawers in the vanity. But this ended up being perfectly fine for us because I had my clothes in basically all of the drawers, and Josh used the shelving in the closet. We also used the shelving for our shoes.

Each of us had a night stand with a drawer and "cubbie shelf." We ended up using a large plastic shopping bag to put our dirty clothes in and then just shoving them in that cubbie. We were putting the bags under the bed at first, but the room attendant used that area to stuff large decorative pillows so we stopped.

There is PLENTY of storage space for "shelvable" items. The vanity mirror has large, long mirror cabinets that open up on either side of the main mirror. I used this for hair products and everyday lotions. There was also storage space above the safe that we used for our wrinkle releaser, travel cups, or any other random stuff. The bathroom also has an adequate amount of storage space. The shower, itself, has little shelves for shampoos and stuff-- loved this! The bathroom provides you with shampoo plus conditioner from a pump in the shower, and then a bar of soap. I alternated between my shampoo and "their" shampoo (which was nice), but used my own body wash.

The balcony had two chairs and a little mini table.

The TV swiveled to where you could watch it from anywhere..

lol-- one trivial thing that annoyed the poo out of us, though-- the light switch for the bathroom is in a really inconvenient spot. It is on the left side of the door. But the doors swings open left. So if you walk into the bathroom and realize you need to turn the light on, you have to walk out, close the door, turn the light on, open the door, and go back in. It sounds really stupid and mundaine to "complain" about, but it is quite annoying when you are really racing to use the restroom!! lol No biggie for us, it was just one of those annoying things we would laugh about throughout the trip.

Thanks for all the details! We'll like having the shelf in the shower. Sounds like we'll be quite happy with our rooms :-) I think we'll be happy to be by the main elevators and stairs too. I haven't been on RCI since 04 on the Rhapsody. I had to watch some videos on u tube just so I could remember what the ship looked like. It'll be fun and exciting to be on a completely new and different ship. We went on the Conquest twice last year and are officially bored with that ship. I do wish RCI would stay in Texas all year round. Thanks again :-)

Once again different cabins have different TVs. I am starting to think they are only replacing the big box tvs with flat screens when they actually die....

I am curious if you have the same options on the box tvs of reviewing your account, booking excursions, etc. I HATE going to guest relations while on a cruise...

Once again different cabins have different TVs. I am starting to think they are only replacing the big box tvs with flat screens when they actually die....

I am curious if you have the same options on the box tvs of reviewing your account, booking excursions, etc. I HATE going to guest relations while on a cruise...

I've read that they are switching the boxes out for flats, but not sure if there's any method for the madness. And yes, even on the boxes, you can review your account and all of the other RCTV functions.

I noticed on the compases that non-formal nights are casual. This will be first for me since all more prior cruises non-formal nights were smart casual (slacks and dress shirt or polo). How casual is casual(kakhi shorts and a polo)?

Also what type of disembarking did you do? If you did self what time did you get off and how long did it take you to get through customs.

Leaving in 3 weeks, years past we have done both and sometimes one way is better then the others and other times both are a complete mess.

You have convinced us to sign up for the wine dinner series in portofino :)

Im on the phone with RCCL right now ;):D

Just to add a few more pennies to your decision... Hubby and I did the wine dinner series on Voyager on the 1/3/10 sailing and it was excellent. *I*... don't like lobster. But I loved the lobster with the wine dinner series... Hope you enjoy :)

I noticed on the compases that non-formal nights are casual. This will be first for me since all more prior cruises non-formal nights were smart casual (slacks and dress shirt or polo). How casual is casual(kakhi shorts and a polo)?

Also what type of disembarking did you do? If you did self what time did you get off and how long did it take you to get through customs.

Leaving in 3 weeks, years past we have done both and sometimes one way is better then the others and other times both are a complete mess.

Shorts are not allowed in the dining room, however I did see someone wearing sports shorts. Casual nights generally consist of nice jeans (yes, jeans), with a NICE shirt or khakis/black pants with nice shirt. Women also wore casual dresses, sun dresses, etc. I would often wear nice dark jeans with heels and a blouse. Josh sometimes wore nice, dark jeans with a polo or button up. That is as "casual" as it got..

The compasses also say things like "country casual" and "caribbean casual," but I never saw anyone particulary going by the "theme"... many men were "caribbean casual" on several nights, with understated hawaiian shirts.

We did the self debarkation, it was a first for me and Josh had to talk me into it. I am very glad we did. The whole process probably took about 30 minutes. We were completely out by 7:45 and on the road by 8. I believe we left our cabin around 7:10 or so. There was never a need for a porter. We had 2 carry ons and 3 pull luggages between the two of us. One of the carryons was a backpack, so that helped. Josh had to wait for an elevator during debarkation because you have to have one free hand to ride the escalator. I waited for him at the bottom and then we both got in line. Line moved pretty quick. This could also be because this particular cruise seemed to be toooooooooooooons of older people-- not to say that they could not debark themselves, but I'm just sayin'. This could also be why the debarkation process was so quick. BTW-- times will be different for you because I think we arrived in port earlier than usual but you will hear the CD tell you when it is okay to begin debarkation if you are doing "self debarkation."

• 2 weeks later...
Very true. I have had fun and enjoyable CDs in the past, but I feel like Mike was especially charismatic and fun with the guests that he worked with during game shows or other activities. I wish there was a way to "stalk" particular CDs... that makes me sound creepy, but it would be nice to know where a CD was going to see if it swayed any vacation plans. I have had a fun CD on Carnival, as well, that it would be nice to "follow," but I think Mike takes the cake.

Mike was our CD on the transatlantic 11/29/09-12/13/09. I have to agree that he is probably the best CD we've had (and we've cruised a lot) On most cruises one sees the CD in the evening at the show. He/she makes a few remarks and wannabee jokes and that's pretty much all you see of them except for Quest and Marriage Game type things.

Not so for Mike. He was everywhere! He was genuinely funny, too. Not one single stupid joke about the toilets. Very refreshing.

Mike, if you're lurking, you're the best! We still go into hysterics remembering the "Fountains"

Food; Dramatic improvement over last winter!!!

CD: Mike is outstanding!

Ports: 10 hours each port, perfect!

Portofino's: WOW! Wine matching worth every penny!

Derek Lewis: Overflow crowds nightly!!!!

Captain: Patrik, very visible, informative, friendly

Not a bad thing to say!!!!!

Oh wow we had heard Derek was on Rhapsody. We LOVE him-we're going in April.

DSCF7149.jpg

Archived