CCL-Which company in Cozumel

marshhawk

Which company does Carnival use for the beginners scuba in Cozumel? Do they sanitize the mouth pieces between divers? The husbands are diving there, and they would like to know the health risks of using someone else's equipment.

Sand Dollar sports. We did the beginners scuba in Cozumel a couple years ago and fell in love with the sport. They are a nice company that will teach you the fundametals before you go into the water. You will be in 15 to 30' of water at the most and it is clear with a lot of fish. Great tour through CCL.:)

Thank you for answering my question. It just amazes me how you can ask a direct question on these threads, get hundred of opinions, and one solid answer. So thank you so much. I have heard good things about Sand Dollar. This is his Christmas gift so I hope he has a good time.

I have used sand dollar through RCI and Carnival. i have yet to have a bad experience. Although I am certifed, I really do like Sand Dollar. I know people complain about the cattle boat diving, but even that has yet to make me have a bad experence with them. I have never had an issue with any of the equiptment, or the service. I don't know if they will offer this, but the last trip i did on the Valor, (Sept 2009) they made a video of us scuba diving. It cost $60. i got it, mostly to show my wife why I love diving in Cozumel. After she saw it(the video), she now understands why I LOVE TO SCUBA DIVE in Cozumel. Just thought it you should know. I don't know if they will offer it but it can;t hurt to ask them, email I guess.

Sand Dollar was acceptable. Nothing special compared to other dive companies. Equipment was used pretty hard. Dive buddy had a little problem, but nothing serious.

Personally, I would spend the money and buy him a snorkel and mask so there is no question of fit or sanitation. Don't think most dive companies put too much into hygeine. My thought is since bleach erodes plastic, they MAY use some mouthwash.

Which company does Carnival use for the beginners scuba in Cozumel? Do they sanitize the mouth pieces between divers? The husbands are diving there, and they would like to know the health risks of using someone else's equipment.

And yes, they do sanitize the regulators between divers.

Archived