Roll Call: Aquafest Halloween Cruise October 2010 NCL Dawn

Tim-n-Rick

What is the difference between a hosted event and an Aquafest event?

Hi Miamispartan,

I believe the difference is that a hosted event is a land tour and Aquafest event is a cruise. Others who have traveled with Aquafest before may have more insight.

Hope you join us,

We received an email today that included our theme party list... Time to put on the creative thinking cap.

AQUAFEST (PRIVATE) THEME PARTIES & EVENTS:

• Out & Proud
  • White Nights
  • Black & Blue Ball
  • Cirque Dreams
  • Halloween Costume Ball
  • Glee-T-Dance
  • 70’s Disco
  • Ladies Dance

I know it's open to interpretation but what would you consider the White Nights party to be?

A. Knights dressed in white

B. A white party (everyone dressed in white)

C. A party based on the horrible 80's movie with Baryshnikov and Gregory Hines :eek:

D. All of the above and more

Miami, you have a few months to catch up on all the camp! and for those of you who do, do a youtube search for SNEAKY GAYS by Sue!

Dress as Rachael, who of these people are ever going to see you again? Let your hair down and belt out a tune!

White party costumes are being formulated in my brain right now, and have already started purchasing supplies........ Please, just NO ONE show up at this party wearing Norwegian Cruise Line bed sheets, this ain't' no fraternity toga party!

The more I'm looking at our work schedules, the more sense this trip is making...

The Alaska trip will probably not work out too well, but I like the price, and timing and the length of time of this one...

Not sure how dressed up we will get for costume parties, tho....Kind of hard to get my partner to do that...but I'm sure we'll have a great time, anyway...

The more I'm looking at our work schedules, the more sense this trip is making...

Come on Miamispartan, you know you want to join us! You don't have to dress up to have a good time. You can always just laugh at all of us!

Miami, come join the fun! I can guarantee that you'll get your partner to dress up for the NEXT Aquafest cruise!

To me the decision seems like a no-brainer... You can FLY to alaska to get on the ship, or you can save the air fare for fun, and have a friend drop you off at the port.

Chad

Miami, come join the fun! I can guarantee that you'll get your partner to dress up for the NEXT Aquafest cruise!

To me the decision seems like a no-brainer... You can FLY to alaska to get on the ship, or you can save the air fare for fun, and have a friend drop you off at the port.

Chad

Yeah, we usually have our hot, straight, retired Miami cop drop us off at the port....:p

We keep trying to talk him into joining us on a gay trip, but his wife always says no....:D

Or the robes!

Hey Tim & Rick, it's Dan cruising over from the "straight" board. Just wanted you to know that Cheryl & I appreciate that one or both of you are taking the time to stop by the M&G, even though you have a full schedule thru Aquafest. We're firm believers that tolerance in this world is built upon education and exposure (now don't that literally!) to different life styles and ideas. Now & then, an old buddy of mine and I take a cruise together when the wifeys are tied up, and some of lthe looks we get around the ship from our fellow straights gives you a good idea about the intolerance you guys face. Hey, even the Military is finally catching on. So I for one anyways am glad that Aquafest exists so everyone from the GLBS community is not restricted to just using RSVP or Women of Olivia cruises for enjoyment. So Kudos to you guys. See ya at the M&G. Heading back to the straight board! Dan & Cheryl

We're firm believers that tolerance in this world is built upon education and exposure

Hi Dan,

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. Attitudes like yours and Cheryl's give me home at a time I'm really questioning the direction of the country's attitudes. We will do our very best to join the M&G and if we don't perhaps we could meet you and Cheryl for a cocktail one evening.

Thanks again for taking time to visit us and sharing. It means a lot.

To everyone else on this thread... See! I told you the were cool!

Sure thing Chad.

Tim & Rick - Yeah sometimes I wonder what happened to today's Baby Boomers regarding life-style tolerances. How did we as a nation get so mean-spirited. I was a child of the 60's, Vietnam Vet, a moderate Democrat. I miss those political days of liberals,moderates & conservatives in both Parties. Now it's just an "us against them" philosophy. I have stay registered as an Independent because both major parties rub me the wrong way! See you back on the other roll call after a week or so. Cheryl's Dad just passed away and we have to return to Mass. for final services. Dan & Cheryl

I know we have lurkers and undecided visitors stopping by so I wanted to say that it's time to book. Word is the rates go up April 2nd! 9 days in the warm sunny Caribbean with 500 or so LGBT folks should be a blast!

Just found the web site for Aquafest...

Question: What is the difference between a hosted event and an Aquafest event?

Some friends are trying to talk us into the Alaska cruise, but I'm thinking this one would actually work out better for our work schedules.....

Hi Miami Spartan,

The difference between a hosted Aquafest cruise and an Aquafest Events are the entertainers and constant schedule of daytime and late night parties. The hosted cruise will be more low-keyed, but still will have get togethers during the week.

Before scheduling our Aquafest Alaska cruise, I spoke at length with Kelly (from Aquafest). Kelly said that there are going to be optional Aquafest excursions as well as 'Coffee Talk', evening gatherings but no entertainers and no late night parties.

I hope this helps define the difference between an Aquafest Hosted Cruise and an Aquafest Event.

One thing my partner pointed out, without the constant costume changes, we can get away with schlepping only one suitcase per person across the country, leaving our steamer trunks at home.

Hi All,

For those of you who have cruised the Caribbean in October, what's the weather like? We've been in February (with some cold days) and August (with some HOT days) but what's the Autumn like?

Hi Tim and Rick,

I've cruised a few times in the Caribbean in October. In October weather can be hit or miss. The temps should be fairly warm, but you're at the very end of Hurricane Season. While they won't steer the ship into a hurricane, it can cause you to miss some of the ports due to weather. It can also cause the entire cruise to be under overcast skies with lots of rain.

On the other hand, you may have perfect weather. I've had both types and in-between weather for Halloween Cruises.

I do hope you end up closer to the perfect weather end.

Archived