Is Dawn Mid-ship Noisy?

jdarch

Both times we have been on the Dawn, DW and I booked the same cabin almost all the way aft. Motion isn't too noticeable there and very nice for access to some things (restaurants, Pearly Kings! ;)).This time we opted for a cabin just forward of the mid-ship elevators for easier access; I'm not worried about noise above as we're on Deck 9, but its occurred to me that the main elevators draw more hall traffic. Anyone had any problems with noise there? As always, thanks for your suggestions.

There may be a bit more hall traffic near the elevators than at the end of the ship. But if the people are mature and polite you won't hear them. Unruly neighbors can occur anywhere. We were on deck 8 midship and hear some children running and screaming in the hall, but we did not get noise from the atrium.

We just got off the Dawn and had 9650, right by the Internet cafe and just a few cabins aft of the mid-ship elevators. We didn't really hear any hallway sounds at all (keeping our balcony door open at night provided lovely "white noise", too). And, we loved being centrally located for when you wanted to go to any destination on the ship or for getting off in port.

Because we require handicapped cabins, we usually are very near the elevators and have never been bothered by noise in the halls. Can't say the same for neighbors. Just joking..no problems there either.

Archived